GH: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought the wedding was good. I cried, as it felt like I was saying goodbye to my favorite character for real this time. I agree it should've been drawn out longer, but I suppose with Jason leaving and Kim's personal struggles, time probably wasn't ample. I am satisfied. I do wish Epiphany had been there, though.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im sorry Jonny but I give a lot of credit to Elizabeth Korte who has been at GH for decades & knows the show. Jelly may be HW's but most of time its the script writers and editors who are the true backbone of the writing teams on daily dramas & they deserve the recoginition as well.

• Members

if there's any troll it's you and omg Vee smarttv was in full force I am in freaking tears.  It didn't feel rushed it felt heartfelt aND well written. It was up to Jelly to give us this beautiful ending. The script writers help but it's Jelly magic they are bringing to GH. I haven't seen heartfelt stuff on GH like this since Claire Labine

• Members

I thought the Carly/Robin moment was nice.   While it is true LW is not the Carly from the classic days, if anyone was Carly's number one pain it was Robin, and the same for the reverse.  Carly was Robin's all-time arch-foe but they have one person in common (which is why Carly always hated Robin) and it was Robin who brought Jason back to Carly.  As Robin is leaving both were allowed to be adults and let bygones be bygones.    The Jason moment was just bizarre.  Besides the personal space issue he just trampled all over, he doesn't really know Robin.  He knows that she is his guardian angel (I believe that was the term used the other day) but he doesn't really remember that.  

Some people missing from the funeral.  Epiphany was a glaring oversight.  How could Nik not be there to say hello and goodbye to Robin? Where was Lulu, or Monica, or Bobbie, or Lucy?  JT is leaving the show, why not a one day visit by Rick Springfield?  

• Members

well Nikolas is in the hospital following a fall from the roof so it makes sense why he would not be at the wedding. The show should have addressed this and had her visit him when she was at GH

Why would Lulu be at Robin and Patrick's wedding? Ditto on Bobbie and Monica.  I cant recall them being close. Lucy....is she even still on the show? The wedding was a VERY small and intimate affair for just family and close friends pulled together last minute. I think they covered everyone except Epiphany

• Members

The secret is out Robin saved Jason.   Monica has known Robin since she was five.   A little vet to vet scene would have been nice.  Bobbie has known Robin since she was five and that would have been a logical seat filler.  How many years does she have to know the Scorpios before she rates a wedding invitation anyway?   Tracy saved Emma a few weeks back, maybe a thank you scene would have been nice.   Robert's daughter is getting married, how about Laura show up representing the Spencers.   Laura is awake thanks to Robin, how about a final thank you scene for the farewell of a 30 year vet?   It's a wedding on a soap opera, this is the time to reinforce the community of the show.   Nobody remembers they know anyone who isn't in their current story and it sucks.    They could have had Dillon come take the photos and give him a hi and goodbye to scrubs--his markaam island partners. 

• Members

that would have been fine had it been a big wedding with planning but again this was last minute, very small and in their living room. maybe those people were invited but couldnt attend bc of the short notice. This was literally planned, put together and happened within hours

IA that it was rushed. The show should have filmed her scenes and spread them out across 2-3 weeks to at least give the allusion that they had taken more time. 

eta: so now that we know Hayden is an alias, I wonder if the show will actually reveal her to be Susan Hornsby as I originally expected last summer

today has me wondering now if Jake is setting things up to get his parents back together. 

• Members

I think if Ron were still here she'd have turned out to be Susan, Paul Hornsby's now-adult daughter whose safety figured into the original cartel story from the early '90s. Either Anna or Tracy said they've spoken to Susan recently, however, and that she and Paul are estranged.

I don't really care but at this point the only thing that will make the extraneous character work for me on this mess of a show in spite of Budig and TC's real chemistry is if she is either a brainwashed and plastic-surgeried Emily Quartermaine (sent by Helena), or Greenlee incognito.

Archived