GH - December 2015 Discussion

• Members

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/general-hospital-patrick-robin-and-emma-come-together-as-a-family-at-christmas/2015/12/24/

Wow was yesterday's Christmas episode just had me bawling. It was so full of family, heart and soul. Bravo to Jean and Shelly for their commitment to a better and smarter GH. Yesterday's episode was just gorgeous nobody can deny it. These special moments we haven't seen in years

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The episode ending on a selfie of the Corinthos thugs and hypocrites doesn't equal glorious Christmas to me. Not to mention how sick I am of Borg Jason and his cold personality. How does this character have any fans? Lord. I miss Jake Doe actually.

I did like the Scrubs reunion and Maxie seeing Georgie but even with those two stories it's just hard to really truly care anymore. I wish I could have been more emotionally invested.

And I'm tired of them dodging Kristina and school. Crap or get off the pot here.

The writers are trying to go for more heart but it's all so ... eh who cares?

I'd rather have had another year of Obrecht terrorizing the kids at the hospital over the Corinthos clan.

How long are they keeping Scummy in that wheelchair? Zzzzzzz.

And that cheesy grin Jake gave as he asked the Pudged One if he was home? GMAB. Lord.

• Members

I think people truly don't appreciate the little things of smarttv and the heart and humanity the show has. GH is getting it's heart and soul back. Jean and Shelly are continuing their brilliant writing they did from YR. Actors are happy, ratings are up and morale up. Just think what they have cooking in 2016 great new fresh umbrella storytelling and romsnce. A big thing on the Christmas episode was all this great romance.

• Members

That was remotely interesting?   Who knew!   Seeing Mac on for a day investigating something was remotely interesting.   Seeing Tristan Rogers was remotely interesting.   Seeing the Jason story is not remotely interesting, and has not been since the day Billy Miller woke up as Jake Doe.

He is hardly saddling the show down.   Has he even been on in the last month?   The leftover crap is Billy Miller, Kelly Monaco, Rebecca Herbst and this horrible Jason story.  Wasting time on Julian and Alexis, that's leftover crap.  The fact Franco exists with Nina, that's leftover crap.   Nathan's been barely on and I don't see any uptick in quality.  If anything the show has gotten worse.  For starters he is a better actor than Billy Miller, and it goes without saying that any minute a different actor is getting scenes means a minute where Billy Miller isn't.  That's a win.

• Members

I watched some of a mid-December episode a few days ago, with my mother, who keeps a lot of these on her DVR to burn off...

- this was the episode where Jason confronted Liz over her lies. The acting was just all-around terrible - he wasn't trying at all and she was trying too much; it's unfortunate because I know she has done better in the past, when she actually had something or someone to work with

- it's obvious that Emma weeping and wailing over the "Samtrick" breakup was supposed to break our hearts, and I do appreciate that the writing at least alluded to this being a very destructive pattern ("no more girlfriends, Daddy!"), but less would have been more here...with that said, I thought Jason Thomson and Kelly Monaco did well 

- obviously Johnny isn't staying around, but I think he and Emme's Lulu "fit," even with that silly dark eye makeup she was wearing to try to show us she's on the bad side now

- Olivia is as obtrusive and obsessive as ever...possibly worse than ever. And that gray dress was horribly unflattering for a new mother. 

- I hate Jerry, I am disgusted by everything this character represents, but Sebastian Roache is pretty consistent and I never feel like he's there for the check even though he clearly is. I did feel that with KMcC, but she got better when she had to talk to Emma on the phone

All in all I don't feel like there's any genuine fallout over the Jason reveal. I'm not sure why anyone would care.

• Members

But then again you thought the Luke mess was exciting and I considered that whole thing to be a stinking pile of sh-t. Its called a difference of opinion. Was I remotely interested in seeing a story that dragged out a year finally have movement? Yes. Dont get it twisted though bc I still thought the whole thing was crap, which you conveniently left out of my quote

• Members

Are you f--king kidding me? Liz tells Robin what she did and what does Robin do? Hug her. "Oh I see you are doing a good job of punishing yourself" How is Liz being punished? She just admiteted that she doesnt regret what she did and would do it again. She has ZERO remorse for the pain she has caused. Robin should hae been disgusted with her bc of the reasons she mentioned bc her family was devastated when they thought she was dead. She also should have read Liz for the pain she caused Patrick and her daughter. I hate that Liz barely got a slap on the wrist after what she did. I dont get why this show is scared of having people rip into her. Everyone that should be pissed with her has failed to deliver and outside of Jason dumping her, she's pretty much skated through this unscathed

Archived