• Members

Yeah, I mean, I'm not seeing this as all that out of character. How many paternity lies has she told? She screwed Lucky's brother (he had it coming, but that doesn't change anything). She's done her share of dirt. Plus Ron gave her a pretty good set up here. She got screwed over by Ric again and BH played those scenes with Nick really well. I can believe she's had enough of life screwing her over.

I would kill to have this story for Carly. The set up wouldn't have been as good, but I would have loved to see her and Jason hook up with Carly trying to hide the truth because she's wanted him all these years.

Anyway, characters have done much worse and come out fine and so will Liz. Nick will still be on her side, most likely LuLu and Laura will too. She is the mother of Jason's deceased child, so he is not going to completely disown her. Plus I would bet my bottom dollar Ron will give her another baby by Jason, he can't help himself. They can always recast Lucky if she needs a white knight. I cannot wait until Carly finds out about this. Keeping Jason from her is the only thing that would have made Carly hate Liz again.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if it is intended racism, but it is obvious that Ron gives a crap about these three, which is sad. They are clearly there to fulfill "the quota."

I'm over white writers acting like it is a pain to write for melanin skinned characters. If it pains you then write them off.

You'd think after the success of Empire, which is written by a white writer, other writers would cut the bulls-t and start writing with a blind eye.

• Members

Carly pulling that stunt makes more sense but honestly, this show has been straddling the fence with Liz for far too long. She has all the ingredients of a bad girl but the HWs never take her there. Liz would be one helluva vixen.

JJ, how's the little man?

• Members

I think they should recast Robin and be done with it, let's get this show moving.

As for the Jake reveal regarding Robin, I don't think they need her. It doesn't matter how many people tell him he's Jason, if he doesn't remember then he's still not Jason. He can be Jake and hook up with Liz.

I saw a thing on tv once about a woman that had lost her memory from an accident. She was identified, but never remembered anyone. Imagine having people tell you they're your family, or friends, and never regaining your memories of them. So Jake could be identified as Jason but if he doesn't remember Sam or Danny there's no reason for him to be with them. I'd rather they drag out his memories than his reveal. It would make things more interesting for the rest of PC. Sam would know he's Jason and be torn between waiting for him to remember and moving on with Patrick, plus the added jealousy of Jason being with Liz. I think it would create more drama all around.

Plus, Patrick spoke to Jake about Robin and might have told him she's in Paris (I forget) so there would be no reason for Jason to run off after her. He doesn't really remember her and as far as he knows she's in Paris by choice.

• Members

Today's episode was a snooze fest. Anna and Duke were the only thing I liked, and even they left me feeling underwhelmed because I know where RC is going with them. So, Maxie realizes that her heart belongs with Detective Hard-ass, and Spin realizes his heart belongs to the adorkable Ellie only after witnessing the half-hearted attempt by Ellie and the Detective to make them jealous. So now we basically end up where we were before, with Maxie with Nathan and Damian with Ellie. And the point of all this was?

• Members

Well you did miss Nikolas "doing that thing with his tongue" to Hayden, after which, she promptly blackmailed him into letting her stay at Wyndemere. It seems that Hayden knows exactly who Jake Doe is, and she's not afraid to tell.

• Members

So, yesterday's show:

I know, I know, I'm still so disgusted with Spinelli and his behavior this return, but that number with him and Ellie locking eyes got me in the feels (yes, I do have them). I just really like her and them, and who he is with her as opposed to with Maxie. That was some hilarious [!@#$%^&*] though, watching his face fall about sixty stories during his Easy Listening reverie as he and Maxie realized the truth, then watching him skulk off to not face the audience(!) as Maxie visibly sweated whore bullets. I can forgive Spin for having an attack of, uh, whatever, but after Georgie and Levi and how she's treated poor, wooden Nathan I am once again done with Maximista.

I make a lot of fun of Ned and Eddie Maine's silly to lame stories over the years and I'm still pissed about what he did to Michael, but I can never stay too mad at Ned. He's just that goofy dad character. Let him sing his old rock songs! That was cute, old school GH. I'll miss him. I like him and Olivia.

Alicia Leigh Willis looked beautiful, though I still hate Courtney. Some of that dialogue for Spencer was clearly written to be emotional and heartfelt at the end, but Nicolas Bechtel delivered it like he was on his paper route. Classic Spencer!

I think Rebecca Herbst and the dialogue writers both actually sold her insane, desperate rationale monologue to Nikolas as best as they possibly could. She did a great job performance-wise and the writing - with Liz hissing about Sonny, Carly, etc. all getting what they want in life instead of her - made it work. The thing is, the only way out and through from here is for Elizabeth to have another psychological breakdown. You'd have to say she never got over losing her son to make it work for the character arc, and I think she didn't. I think you can say that she blames her affair with Nikolas for little Jake's death, I think she ties all of that behavior (and her behavior afterwards) back to losing Jason and that potential family as well, I think it's been a long downward spiral. I'm furious with Liz, but I do care about the character and I think there is real work that can be done. The problem is Ron always does it too late, or only during sweeps (hi, Duke!).

It's amazing how much more tolerable Sabrina is with Michael, even though I don't think that pairing is vital enough to go on forever. I like them together, they're sweet and she seems more mature. And for once "You're Not Alone" was actually very well-done and not too mawkish with her and Sonya Eddy. They used her right this year, as opposed to making her the central saint of the Ball. That long tracking shot of all the guests getting onstage at the end was very well-done, It also reminded how much I want to see more of Lynn Herring and Lucy, and see her happy with someone again.

• Members

Finola and Ian lit up the screen today. I wish they could've been given writing to bring out that chemistry on a more regular basis. I was teary knowing this was likely their last conversation. I really hope they leave the door open for the possibility Duke is still alive out there somewhere.

• Members

The Duke and Anna scene was nice, it is just a shame the show squandered them all along and is nuking them now. I can't say I blame Duke for his Julian obsession or for taking matters into his own hands. It was over two years ago that Anna learned Julian was alive and promised Duke she would bring him down, and all that happened was Julian got pardoned.

• Members

Vee and Cheap, why does Lizzard have to be crazy for going after what she wants? Can't she just be a bitch [which wouldn't be a stretch]? For years, HWs and moRon have been straddling the fence with this heffa. Time for Liz to take and make no apologies as this should have been her role all along. She's no Madonna and has been a coward for far too long. Making her nuts is just degrading and unnecessary.

Archived