DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

30hrkfc.gif28r0bco.gif

29vjypu.jpg

LMAO at Sami ripping into Deveraux Ho, asking her about her tongue workouts. Telling Jen to leave was great. Damn, Sami was PISSED! The anger in her voice spoke volumes

295fg3k.gif

Granny continues to look 20 years older than she should and the awful hair and dress doesn't help. LMAO at her geriatric ass trying to threaten Sami.

What was the point of Patty's appearance? Man Marlena as host was painful.

6dv2vd.gif

5apJrbp.jpg

WeqxGEQ.jpg

LMAO at this lame gala. They are waltzing in a storage room bc they cant afford a ballroom. Instead of having Marlena give her monologue in a ballroom full of people we got to see Aidan, Hope and the priest watch her on a tv in the storage room with a laugh track. Embarassing. This is what happens when you spend months planning a big party with no budget to back it up.

ac8yz5.jpg

Chemistry! Finally some movement.

Im still sick of Kassie singing Eve's musical cue

• Members

Wednesday: That final scene when Sami tells EJ what she did to him was what he did to Abby was priceless.

I'm sure it wasn't intended that way, but when Maxine told Dr.Douche to improve his people skills, I lol'd.

Ben is a valium overdose. I give rocks that Abby hasn't been "honest" with Ben, so the situational irony is wasted on me.

• Members

Loved Marlena's stand up! Great job Dee!!!! It was great smile.png

Allison brought IT today! Didn't know she had it in her. Really good scenes. Now, because we have 2 decades of the hell Sami caused, there is no reason for Abigail to behave like a punk the second time. I will give her a pass today because she was caught off guard, but she needs to stand up for herself. Sami knows how to destroy lives, and she aint no beginner so Abigail better pull it together. Jenn gets on my very last nerve, but I really enjoyed her standing up to Sami for her daughter. No matter what Abigail did, it was great to see Jenn not tolerate Sami's disrespect.

Hope and Aiden were very nice, but I'd rather not see KA wear those types of clothing. her body is disturbing! I digress. Hope is scared of this territory and it was played very well. Don't screw this up, Days!

KDP is such a great add to this show. Eve is cracking me up, and I love that she is getting what she believes is hers. Drive Granny nuts, Eve! I like Paige and JJ.

Disappointed Teresa and Brady were not on as a follow up to yesterday, but in due time biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Members

Days has had 3 major events in the last month and this is how they managed to handle them

EJ and Sami's - occurred in the Dimera backyard with like 8 guests

JJ's graduation - offscreen with aftermath at the Horton Town Square

St. Jude Gala - we see it on a tv screen placed in a storage room

phaedra-parks-rhoa-hubby-going-to-jail-f

• Members

I def feel like days is bringing the drama and I'll accept the minimal cheap ways they do it as far as sets and scenes go.

Gimme good soap in front of a drop sheet and I'm in.

Speaking of good, damn Sami is great. Ali is playing it so perfectly. The rage, the hurt, the everything is there. Sami is very much a more mature, grown up of her 1996 self right now and I am loving it.

• Members

Hope & Aiden and the kids were adorable, although it's a little absurd trying to waltz in a broom closet.

HAW1.gifHAW2.gif

HAW3.gifHAW4.gif

The "gala" set was just a curtain and a few plastic plants, really?
MAG.jpg

Wow. Days is starting to remind me of Guiding Light when it went Peapack, with press conferences held in public parks and business meetings held in dark hallways with the boss standing on a plastic step-stool.

Guiding%20Light%20(05_30_2008)%202.jpg10-22%203.jpg

Don't pretend you can do press conferences, business meetings, and gala balls if you simply can't. Between the set and the lame mental illness jokes, I felt really bad for Deidre Hall.

I thought Sami's first move was perfect, in theory. Embarrassing Abby in front of Mommy is pretty big deal for her, probably the biggest thing she could do followed by "outing her" to the whole town which I'm sure is next. These scenes fell flat for me because Abby is so weak and immature and KM is not much of an actress. She can basically stand there looking like a deer in headlights, fake cry,...and...um...that's it. Reeves isn't doing much either. It's basically Sami unloading on two whiny little twits who just can't hang with her on any level.

SNDY.gif

• Members

I'm with you up to a point. I can accept cheap, but the way for a show to get away with being broke is to not rub the audiences nose in it. Write the scenes you can afford to produce without looking ridiculous. Overall, Days does pretty well, but this gala is an exception, imo.

• Members

Thursday's episode:

I loved Sami's calmness breaking it down for EJ, and then him crying in his jail scene alone. Whatever criticisms I may have of these writers, I think they have done a brilliant job with Sami as a character. After all the damage Sheffer and Higley heaped onto her, for the longest time I wanted Sami off the show. But now I will miss her and it feels odd writing that.

Theresa, you sneaky sneaky thing - love it!

I love when Eve pushes Jenny's buttons. I can't wait for Eve and Anne to meet

Archived