DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Samantha showed out real good, she read Abby for filth right in front of her mother, these sorts of scenes are what make soaps good. I thought it was funny when Jennifer said that EJ must have forced Abby, she so did not want to believe the truth. Considering that Abby pulled that craziness with Austin, she hardly needs to be forced.

• Members

Abby isnt above getting involved with a taken man considering she tried to seduce a married one, lied and tried to destroy that marriage. Jennifer acted like her daughter is some innocent that couldnt have been kissing EJ in that photo unless she was forced

• Members

Yesterday was probably the first full episode of Days I've watched since 2011 when Sami slept with EJ after thinking Johnny was dead(or maybe it was Jack dying in the elevator) and I wasn't offended at all and actually enjoyed it. I might have to watch more of it.

One question, who is the character that Daniel Cosgrove is playing? Did they ever say what happened to Bo in the end?

• Members
He's playing Aiden Jennings, a lawyer that moved to Salem with his son following his wife's death some time ago.

Bo is on assignment. Last we heard of him was when John returned to town with a letter for Hope from him saying that he'd be gone indefinitely and wouldn't be able to contact her bc it could blow his cover. Its friggin lame that the show just hasn't killed him off yet or moved forward with a divorce

• Members

LMAO at Marlena's TERRIBLE jokes on Friday.

Lol at all the weeks and months of gala planning and all it amounted to was Hope and Aiden in some storage room watching it on TV. But I have to say I was really hoping they'd kiss at the end.

Sami gave me so much life. Grandma Horton trying to go after her was hilarious. I can't wait for Sami to go public with this!

• Members

The Sami/Abby/Jen scenes were amazing. I would of liked a reference to Abby going after Austin, but that is just a minor quibble!

The scene where Marlena gets suggested to be MC was absolutely painful - all that fake protestation when nobody was forcing the idea heavily and her going on and on was dreadful. Her joke about the help line options was an email joke I read in about 1998.

Aiden and Hope waltzing was really nice.

I'm not bothered by the non-existent gala, we had non-existent Las Vegas the day before. Imagine this show with money though, right? Looking at the demo's this week, all four soaps are effectively tied in the ratings yet DAYS looks worse than Y&R and B&B (From what I have seen of GH, I can't tell if it is worse or better than DAYS) so it's not like the show deserves the lowest fee from NBC. Perhaps CBS soaps will look just as bad come next contract renewal...

• Members

I think what I saw of Sami on Friday was just perfect and just the way Sami needs to be. For a good decade the show struggled with Sami's identity between the immature schemer, romantic comedy heroine, then straight becoming a damsel in distress so it was nice to Sami have her edge and fierceness back in tact and of course Sweeney always sells it so well.

• Members

Catching up on last week, and I see the show still does things that annoyed the crap out of me ten years ago. In Thursday's ep, we had a lovely commercial-break cliffhanger with Abigail opening the door to Sami, who's just gone all the way in on EJ. Instead of picking right up with this scene after the commercial, we had to wait until the end of the act to see just another snippet. I've been watching too many classic soaps with long scenes to put up with the ADD format of today's soaps.

Elvis having an epic meltdown in his cell is everything!!

Sami's nonchalant "Look at this onesmile.pngsmile.png " followed by Jenn and Abigail looking like ohmy.pngohmy.png hahahaha

I really dislike the Eve/Jenn story. It's exactly what I figured it would be.

• Members

Thoughts on last week!

1) I think I'm going to like Clyde + Kate... I would love to see a pairing there. Not only in scheming, but also a romantic pairing. Both are strong actors and could have a good chemistry. Kate could easily be Clyde's "Bonnie" in their schemes together!

2) Loved the Teresa/Brady/Maggie scene about his alcoholism. I agree that Maggie is so much more tolerable outside of Eggbaby-orbit. All three actors brought it!

3) I like how some of the characters are starting to call Abigail "Abby" again.. it bothered me that when Gabi came in the view that all of a sudden characters who had always called her "Abby" started calling her "Abigail" ... she will always be Abby to me.

4) The gala on Friday was nice... I agree that it was small and I would have liked to have seen something bigger - but we all know its the budget. At least the writing was well done... Hope/Aiden and their waltz was nice, Chase/Ciara was done well, and Marlena's jokes were very well written and acted by Dee. I'm cool with it - I would rater them save the budget up for Sami's exit/ ED's storyline/ Christmas, etc. As long as the writing is good I'm in.

5) And speaking of the writing being good - Sami OWNED it this week! Her stuff with EJ was amazing! Her "accidental" reveal to Abby/Jenn was great! The only thing that's missing is I want to see Samantha Gene get her revenge!! ( I hope it's coming!) I'm loving the way this story is playing out - Kate and Sami teaming up together, the Abby/EJ affair coming out, etc.. it's all great!!

Archived