DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you.

I will say that KDP has been a breath of fresh air on the show. I'm really enjoying her. She looks refreshed and happy. I'm glad she's working and she's a very talented actress. I hate that she gets dismissed by some as too "hee haw".

I HATE the warbling music used in the background. Sounds silly.

I'm warming up to Wilson as Ben. He's much more endearing and likeable. Hopefully he can improve more in the acting area. I want to like Abby and Ben but like any couple they'll probably be broken up over something incredibly stupid or by that toothy redhead bobblehead.

That's why I love DAYS. It has characters interact who SHOULD interact and it makes sense. TBH, they didn't HAVE to show Lucas reacting to Abby and EJ's affair but they did and that to me says a lot. I, again, credit the breakdown/script writers more so, but still. Unlike GH where you can easily forget certain people are related because they don't interact unless they have an eppy guarantee to fill or it matters in the plot. It's the little things that GH are missing that DAYS often gets so right.

LOVE that portrait. Kate and even Sami look FIERCE. What's been the reason Stefano isn't around? He has a warrant out on him? I guess I missed that part in an episode I didn't watch at one point in time? Was Joe not healthy, or they just aren't using him? Let's hope he's being saved up and actually used when Eileen returns. I won't hold my breath as they didn't interact very much last time, only at the beginning, really. I feel like towards her end he was nowhere around. I can't wait to see Sami and Kate get his wrath even though I love what they're doing.

I REALLY hope all of this isn't for nothing and Sami and EJ don't ride off happily into the sunset come October/November. I will be really really annoyed and ticked at that.

LOL at ridiculous Jennifer. I will say at least she was dressed well for once and she didn't look like she was a 70 year old librarian. She also looked more animated than she's been in years. It's clear that Daniel and Jennifer DO NOT WORK. The actors suck together and they are so much better apart. They really really are. I almost forget my Daniel hatred when he and Eve are in scenes. I still hate Daniel and want him gone but at least I can sit through him when he's with Eve and not want to chuck my TV out the window.

• Members

What was up with the long ass opening scene? It was like watching THATHN.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the portrait of Kami <3 It can stay there forever.

I liked Caroline and Sami. They have a real relationship.

He had a leg injury, but he's okay now.

• Members

It would be so easy to burn Dirty Hairy alive. That nasty matted hair could catch fire easily.

I don't hate the character per se, but SC just looks so disgusting to me. I also believe SC does not have enough charisma to be used or admired so much. So he just comes as someone TIIC like.

• Members

LJRcH7H.jpg?1

Listen to your grandmother Sami bc the ugly crying does you no favors. You LOVE EJ. I loved their scene today. Sami has been acting all tough and hard this entire time but finally broke down. Caroline made a lot of sense and Sami is acting like an immature child. I love that Caroline was defending EJ and related what he did to what she did decades earlier.

Ali was laying it on thick for Sami today. I hope she got Sami to reconsider her revenge plot

we06Uye.jpg

LMAO at them photoshopping the new Sydney into the old family picture

Oh shut up Granny Horton. EJ may be a disgusting pig but your daughter is a dirty slut

Hope on Bo "He's deserted us, Kay". Im glad she's acknowledging it and Im glad Kayla didn't judge her

• Members

Tuesday was another fantastic episode.

Kate was so awesome when she pointed at EJ dismissively and said "I'd pack my bag if I were you, junior. You're done." What a fabulous biotch and her hair looks amazing.

I liked Sami being there for Marlena, and Eric later.

Caroline and Sami ftw.

Jennifer being a unreasonable shrew - at least they write her in character...

That make up does her no favors

• Members

I've noticed a difference in the lighting too. The show was way too bright. It needs to be just a bit darker, so the show won't look soooo cheap. DAYS deserves a much bigger budget. I would think the show winning that emmy would have at least given them a budget boost. Does NBC even realize Days of Our Lives is still on their airwaves? It feels so on it's own in a lot of ways. Which may be a good thing ...

• Members

That may have held up when she was younger but she has a whole gaggle of kids now. To me it would be incredibly irresponsible for her to continue acting the way she is and I think listening to Caroline and Ali made that clear to her. She can get revenge but she wont make anyone miserable but she and those kids. Will that change anything? Will making EJ suffer be worth the hell she'd be unleashing on her family? EJ was wrong to stay but she bears some responsibility for how things went down. If she continues on with this then EJ may eventually fight back and then they are both back to where they were a few years ago. She can end this cycle by either walking away or finding a way to forgive and move on. But this revenge is childish and not worth it. She is making herself miserable bc she loves EJ and her family but feels she needs to torpedo that in order to make him lose. Sami, grow up. She is too grown to be handling her problems like this

• Members

I agree about the kids aspect but I've wanted this Sami back for years and years now. Yes, grow up, and to do all this over him screwing Abby? Meh, but I love me some 15 year old temper tantrum revenge seeking Samantha Gene Brady! EJ is an albatross on her and I hate they are romantically involved.

• Members

Got this email a few days ago:

SAG Foundation Presents LifeRaft Live-Streamed Event:

Tips and Tools for Twitter Etiquette

An actor was recently overheard saying that he just followed a couple of hundred people and will check back in 24 hours and unfollow anyone that did not follow him back. Unfortunately, this is common. Twitter is a conversation tool and, with any good conversation, the best thing to do first is listen and then engage. SAG Foundation's LifeRaft program is thrilled to present a panel populated by industry professionals who are using Twitter as a tool for dialogue and who would be able to provide our audience with insight in how to best use it.

Note: If you have never used Twitter, we encourage you to look up some tutorials online before joining this event.

Meet the panelists:

Jen Lilley – actor

Virginia native, Jen plays the deliciously devious Theresa Donovan on NBC's Days of our Lives. Jen previously starred as Maxie Jones on General Hospital. She was also in Weinstein's critically-acclaimed feature film, The Artist, winner of 5 Academy Awards, including Best Picture. However, don't let this soap star fool you as Jen is no stranger to comedy. She's guest-starred on tons of sitcoms and was a series regular on MTV's improvised comedy series, Disaster Date. Other recent projects include the films Crossing Streets, The Book of Esther, Turnaround Jake, Revelation Road, The Olivia Experiment, The Back-Up Bride and One Small Hitch, as well as television appearances on The Crazy Ones, Castle, Two and a Half Men, Rules of Engagement, Criminal Minds and iCarly.

Archived