DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't know why people are getting their panties in a twist about Kristen's first scenes being with Daniel - the more he acts like an insufferable, self-righteous dbag, the more she beats him up. I hope this continues all week :) I wish it could be like Game of Thrones in such that by the end of it, he would be a eunuch responding to the name Reek.

Anyways, love that Sami blackmailed Kayla - she deserved it for being unsympathetic to Sami. Some aunt that is...

I'm really enjoying Kassie DePaiva as Eve - she is so much fun. Was she this enjoyable on OLTL?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wanna thank Teresa for putting John in a coma (which allows Drake to show us the range of his acting like no other story could) and Kristen for beating up Daniel. All within a week of each other, Days is truly becoming cant miss for me.

Cant stand KDP though and shes the one thing beside her on screen daughter that makes the show weak.

• Members

Lately, I'm getting Blair feels and she is not doing well in the "control that hick drawl" department, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of Eve. She and Teresa are win and eventually, Eve will do things for Eve and ask for nothing in return.

Eileen was total boss yesterday! Still didn't enjoy Daniel, but Kristen was great. I can do w/o the crazy because hysterics do nothing for me.

I just might be the only person here who likes Paige. She is the perfect daughter for THIS Eve. They could not be more opposite if Days tried.

Sami blackmailing Kayla might be fun, but it just shows that Sami's evil starts at her core. Nobody is above being hurt when it comes to her revenge, so when I read folks saying her family is not being supportive, I laugh! That's just stupid. I would love to believe Caroline was being supportive as she was telling Sami to not do what she is planning. If she lost every family member and they let her rot, none of them would be wrong.

• Members

The show is so good lately. I am loving it.

Kristen is back! Loved her return scene Monday, besides the annoying background music. Daniel is so [!@#$%^&*] stupid. Thank god Kristen slapped him and he got punched. How [!@#$%^&*] stupid can you be to insult the person who is in control of you?

Eileen is so good! Best actress in daytime.

LOL @ Marlena giving Eve shade for being Theresa's sister.

I don't think Eve is like Blair at all. Eve is more bitchy and only cares about herself and her boring daughter.

Can Victor slap Brady?

• Members

Agreed, and that is one of the most pivotal flaws between the writing of Sami and her family. The Brady's are written to be a heroic clan they would never support vengeance merely for the sake of vengeance, nor would they agree with Sami's selfish inclinations and courses of actions. They are written to be above that, so when you have Sami whose core instincts are to serve herself there is going to be a conflict and Sami is going to be left out in the cold. I am glad that this writing staff is finally writing Sami and her relationship with the Brady's in character now, because they shouldn't be supporting her schemes. They aren't the kind of people who would back her for doing the things she does and has done in the past. Her family really should have her on the outs and that's where Sami always should have been. She never should have been the Brady heroine they wrote her as the last couple of years, and it's refreshing to see that Will, Jennifer, Kayla and to an extent Caroline aren't in agreement with how Sami has chosen to act over the past few weeks. Sami should be isolated in this where her family is concerned. She shouldn't feel like she could call on any of her aunts and uncles for help in these regards. Especially against Abby, who is more of an exemplification of what the Brady's core ideals and values are.

Is Abby wrong? Of course, no one denies that Sami doesn't have a right to be upset. But they don't agree with Sami's revenge plots either, and don't agree with Sami's ideology of entitlement in regards to revenge. Nice to see, characters reacting in character.

• Members

Wow, I thought KDP/Blair was one of those 100% beloved characters even though I never watched OLTL - well guess I've been set straight lol. I do think KdP is quite talented though (based on Eve) and she has that certain energy that a lot of soap actors lack.

• Members

Wow, what a great episode. Sami and Jenny sure didn't hold back with the truth - Sami telling Jen that she remembers that Jack wasn't even cold in the ground before she started sleeping with Daniel and Sami telling Sami she that nothing she says about Abby could change the way she feels about her, but could Marlena say the same? *BURN* on both sides

Kate making a deal with Victor and then Victor backstabbing her was amazeballs - I wonder if Kate knew Victor would do this and is part of the plan?

Kristen didn't have Daniel physically hurt enough in this episode!

Kayla telling Sami not to call her Aunt ftw!

Maggie/Nicole/Brady were sweet but also obvious how they segue Nicole back into Brady's life now that Kristen is back, yet they have hardly spoken in months

Friar Dbag is so off-putting, he must be related to Daniel

• Members

Eh. She's better than Melissa Reeves, and I think that is what people are noticing in her scenes, that she is walking all over her and counting that as a strong screen presence. I don't think she is bad by any means, but I never considered her to be a powerhouse actress within Daytime. I think she does well in that she works as a strong romantic lead with a dramatic flair. In that right occasion she sparks. I felt her best moments as Blair usually came when she was putting the screws to Todd over the reveal of some scheme he did, which usually ended up with her closing the door in his face. Those are the scenes in which she has the most vibrancy on OLTL. I don't believe she is a great actress, but I do think she has a niche that lends well to daytime, in a dramatic climax noir sort of way. She is willowy with a side of cynic. Her Blair is what I feel Alicia Minshew's Kendell was trying to become in the end of All My Children.

• Members

DEAD at Sami wanting a signed copy of Abby's slut shaming letter for her records.

Kayla tells Sami, she never wants her to call her aunt again bc she's ashamed of her....Sami don't care!

Granny calling Sami a monster was laughable. LMAO at Sami calling her out on jumping into Daniel 5 minutes after Jack died.

LOL at Kristen calling Theresa a barnacle

2wfqvdt.gif

I could watch her abuse him all day

• Members

No way. Im sorry but aside from the acting range she lacks, Kelly is 11 years younger than MR and it would be an epic fail

Now maybe she could pull off Maggi's daughter Sarah and she is around the right age for that role.

Archived