DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Against my better judgment, I'm finally getting interested in this Jordan thing now that her and Ben's daddy is here.

The torture of Dr. Dan didn't last nearly long enough. Hopefully he stays true to his rancid character and gloats long enough for Kristen's henchman to wake up and resume the beatdown for another week or so.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How could Sami stand there with a straight face? I would have slapped the little sl-t. She threatening to take Sami down was beyond laughable

I don't know who Sami is fooling though. She knows she'll be back in EJ's bed by end of fall

I really don't like what Kate has on but damn she wears it well. I think she could make a brown potato sack look good

Clyde said that Jordan and Ben left 8 years ago and I believe it was stated that he was 12 when that happened. So Ben is supposed to be 20 now?

What was up with Kate saying Abby was always gracious? Did she forget how she tried to torpedo through Austin's marriage?

Will writing some article to "teach Sami a lesson"....boy sit your backstabbing ass down!

• Members

Sami needed a reality check.

She has every right to her anger and pain, but this is overkill and it infuriates me that once again the other woman pays far more than the cheating spouse. I'm gonna need to see that pig EJ suffer a lot more than I've been seeing.

• Members
Huh? How? All she's done to Abby is tell her family (which would have gotten out anyway) and made her lose her job. She put EJ in jail with a pending case against him, ousted him from his job and sold his company off. Exactly how is she making Abby pay more?

• Members

Thoughts for the last week!

1) It is so refreshing to see Eileen back on our screens, but let's please get her out of that hotel with Daniel and into Brady, Marlena, John, ANYONE other than Daniel!

2) Sami/Anne scheming was perfect. I love how they keep Anne as a great secondary character. We know just enough about her, not too much, but just enough to keep us intrigued.

3) I also love how the current writers have really cultivated the Will/Abby cousin relationship.. They seem like actual real cousins/friends, as they should be having pretty much grown up together their entire lives.

4) Speaking of Abby - I love that most characters are now actually calling her "Abby" instead of "Abigail" now that "Gabby" is off our screens. It always bothered me that characters that had known her for her entire life all of a sudden started calling her "Abigail"

5) Ali Sweeney and Kate Mansi rocking it out of the park! Between Sweeney, Koslow, Mansi, and Davidson - I really don't need anyone else on my screen!

6) Line of the week goes to... Kristen "I'm nothing if not a good imitator." :) Love the inside joke Susan references!

• Members

I feel a bit better about Sami's revenge plot against Abby now that she has actually done something of circumstance against her. I would have preferred Sami to have just done that and maybe get her kicked out of school then go around town trying to shame her. Sami should have a bit more dignity in the way she handles her revenge schemes. Like in the way she handled EJ, she played him for months and then chose the right time to strike. She should have done the same thing to Abby. Running around town screaming she's a slut has no bearing on Abby's life, and Sami just winds up looking stupid. Having Abby fired and expelled would do far more to hurt her then a shouting match in the town square. But again this vengeance sweep is becoming old. Unless it becomes something bigger in the next couple of months I am going to tire of it.

I think it would be interesting for it to become an all out Brady/Horton Family vs. Sami war. Maybe that will lead to her excommunication from the show, and to a larger extent her family.The Brady's truly turning their backs on her, because she has crossed one too many lines against them all would be a great book end for her. Sami truly becoming the evil vixen she was always meant to be for her final arc and turning dark side would be perfection. In need for their to be a powerful change in her character and for her destroy herself like she always does.

• Members

Thank you! She's not sorry in the least nor is she taking any responsibility for her actions. She just mopes around town saying bad things about herself in front of people that she knows are too nice to tell her that she did something wrong and feeling guilty about that is normal. She's fishing for affirmation and approval and despite Will, Kayla, and Jennifer's whining, Sami hasn't actually done anything that bad to Abby yet. She embarrassed her in front of her Mommy and got her fired from a job she got from Mommy and barely spent any time doing in the first place. Big deal.

And her threatening Sami was laughable. Grow up, little girl! If you're gonna throw yourself at an abusive rapist and have an affair with him, you really have no right to be surprised when his fiancee/wife (who once shot him in the head to get revenge for another terrible thing he did to betray her) goes off on you and your charmed little life. You will suck it up and take it. That's the price you pay for choosing to ...um... suck up and take other things.

If Sami backs down and takes that loser back, it'll be the most pathetic, self-loathing thing she's ever done. I really think EJ's gonna die though. My guess is that he snaps, violently attacks Sami (again), and she'll kill him. She'll then flee Salem when no one believes that it was self-defense as a result of her revenge scheme. I think that's why they're having her whole family be horrified by her scheme, so that no one will support her after she kills EJ so she'll have to run.

• Members

I think her Austin obsession takes the cake on that one, nothing was more pathetic then trying to get her sisters one true love to love her (when it's as clear as day that Austin didn't want her), telling her sister she couldn't have healthy children was also disgustingly vile, trying to sell her baby sister on the black market because mommy didn't love her or whatever nonsense also pathetic, and teaming from a place of low self esteem and self worth. Lying about her first born sons paternity and then saying Lucas beat up his own kid as a custody power play is another low.

Sami's perpetually self-loathing and pathetic in pretty much all of her schemes and actions, that's what her character represents. The foil to the perfect heroines, and something much more underhanded and devious in personality. Not that I even want EJ/Sami back together at this point in the story, but definitely disagree with that blanket statement. Taking EJ back would be small potatoes compared to other things Sami has done in a desperate need to be loved by her ill suited gentleman callers and her picturesque perfect family. That's the problem with this storyline for both Ejami and Sami. This is so miniscule compared to the bigger things that they've fought over and what Sami herself has been through that the reaction isn't particularly nuanced or balanced when comparing the actual weight of the action she's reacting against. Sami's done so much worse to others over the years, EJ and Sami have both done so much worse to each other that this warrants less than a blink of an eye (or at least should) given the context of their shared history. There needs to be something more to give this much needed weight, because the affair, from a story perspective just isn't it.

• Members

Just finished up last week's episodes. How many times can we possibly have a scene where Jordan is about to tell Rafe about her lame past and then one of them gets called into work?

4 straight days of Kristen and Daniel. Between this and Friar Dbag being back, I'm slowly losing my will to live.

I did appreciate Daniel's bucket beatdown though.

tumblr_n9oikcf0Gj1truz14o2_250_zpsc52c19tumblr_n9oikcf0Gj1truz14o3_250_zps051be9

• Members

So Sami puts together this intricate revenge plot with her fre-enemy Kate - only to start weakening - what like two "DAYS" days after EJ was thrown in jail?C'mon. The Caroline scenes were pathetic enough - yeah, that's some family support there - "take him back" - only to be outdone by the cringe worthy "cupcake" save. Ugh.

Looks like Sami will end up right back with EJ, which would've been fine, except for investing all this time in revenge plot, etc. The blame Abby thing is a bit beneath Sami. The girl half the age of the predator is at fault? (Though I do love anybody that sticks it to J-Bore and her sanctimonious attitude.) Sami's only gripe should be with EJ. If Sami takes him back, I'd like to see her negotiate a deal where she keeps the CEO position, etc. However, we know that won't happen and we know why they picked that no-so-arbitrary "six-month" contract.

I still think that Kate is secretly working with Stefano. Are we really to believe that the ruthless one would just sit back and let Kate steal his company with no retribution? Not even a visit from one of the dozens of DiMera henchmen? Or all they all in St. Louis doing a bang up job with Kristen and Daniel?

I also finally saw scenes with Eve - I like Kassie - but the aging Southern-belle thing does not work for the character - like the way she was twanging and sliding down the couch at the Kirikas mansion. I just felt embarrassed for her. She is definitely NOT in contention for beefing up her role when AS leaves. She comes across as trailer trash and that shouldn't be the case after 20+ being away and being a Donovan. It's kind of like Sami - yeah, the Bradys were working class, but her mother was well educated and successful and she was around cultured, educated and wealthy people - no way Sami would be portrayed as some type of rube. In fact, someone like Sami, like Kate, would've done everything she could to blend into society. (Unlike this stupid art thing that Abby claims to have over her.)

• Members

Wasting Eileen on Daniel"Black Hole" Jonas is not a good start. Eileen looks fantastic as always!

I like Eric and Nicole, but please move this story along! Greg an Arianne must be bored to tears saying the same thing over and over.

Jordan/Rafe...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzRafe/Kate/Clyde well, maybe....

RSW is growing on me, I like him w/KM, and she bores me, so good 4 u RSW! JJ/Beigewhistling.jpg...nuff said.

KW's Eve works for me, and even makes JL slightly tolerable...Drake H is at his fart smelling best in his coma...Nice to see Abe quite a bit...

too bad Hope was away, I missed KA this week...Roman loses to John, againtongue.png...I hope that was the last of Brother Douchebag...Victor's curmudgeonly remarks always make me smile!

Archived