DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love her! For the longest time I thought I was the only one

that might be your hate for her speaking as she was never near the top of the charts . She was more of the middle of the pack in terms of her early episode counts}

• Members

This is hardly the first story she's doing OK in. Her story made sense from the very beginning and her purpose and personality were clear from the get go. I thought her intro and the way she was spun into the web was a tremendous success story (save maybe for her lurve for Daniel but I think he is contractually obligated to get a pass at every female in town).

Woot! She is simply an amazing, fairly complicated, bitch.

• Members

Friday, July 04:

UGH I HATE HATE HATE HOW DANIEL ACTS SO EMBARRASSED AND CONDESCENDING WHEN SOMEONE FLIRTS WITH HIM. OH, YOUR HOLINESS, DO YOU NOT APPROVE OF THE FLIRTING? But SO much YES that he turned Eve down. And her reaction was hilarious. Let's hope it stays that way (though I doubt it).

Lol Ben was introduced to Theo twice.

This was a good episode to show Theresa's softer side. It was sweet how she helped Caroline out and told her she would always be there for her. Eve/Theresa had some GREAT stuff as well. I loved how Theresa was concered about Eve and then pretended it was no big deal. Their sisterly chemistry was off the charts as they sat down with wine and laughed at how Jennifer's going to have a horrible year. KDP and JL work very well together.

OMG at Daniel/Jennifer angst. Did they really have to make it about them, again?

Ben... with lesser writing, the actor's limited capabilities are even more jarring but, damn, he should just be naked all the time. I'm willing to forget the acting.

• Members

Well hello dear. I loved JL on GH and was one of the few who wish she had stayed with the show. Her version of the maxie character worked better for me than what KS ended up doing with the role once she reclaimed it.

And theresa is one of the few bright spot on Days for me. Too bad she is gonna be stuck with Eve for a while because i just cannot stand KDp.

• Members

This show is on FIRE again. I'm loving every minute of it, which is so weird, because it was a slog for about two months after the framing Daniel story wrapped up and Nick's death.

I'm going on record as loving Theresa ever since she's been on. I never really watched JL in her other roles, so this is my first time seeing her in action. I see her as just as sniping and annoying as Sami used to be in the 90s, honestly. Rewatching those clips she wasn't just a schemer or a bitch, she was plain nasty to everyone she interacted with and Theresa is a great successor to the character I loved to hate for almost two decades. I'm really invested in her character and have loved each storyline she's been in. I also like how some people in town hate her, some like her, some are indifferent, much like Sami used to be.

Also loving the hell out of KDP as Eve. I'm looking forward to JJ getting some bite back, I care about Paige now that she's Eve's daughter, and Jesus, I'm invested in a JEN storyline for the first time since Jack fell down that elevator shaft.

But I'm mostly happy that Sami is BACK and she and Kate are teaming up in this great story before she goes off the air. Sami still airs through the fall, yes? I'm ready for all out war between her and EJ before they both exit. And if we're being honest, I've always been a Lumi fan who hated how they were ripped apart in such a crappy way (putting them together was one of the only good things JER did in his last run) and then, how damn Marlene McPherson put them together again for five seconds and broke then up again.

• Members

Right, not everyone will like every character or actress, but as far as Theresa being a "Kohl's brand bitch", I love that. There are way to many rich bitch's on soaps. Days is probably the only show that lets anyone be middle class or even lower class for more than a few months.

• Members

Absolutely agree. I love that Jeannie Theresa is a bitch.

It's nice that DAYS still has some women that aren't just boring heroines or campy nutcases. I mean, Sami, Nicole, Kate, Eve, Theresa ... they're all flawed and gee, people still seem to root for them and like them. Well, with Sami, you either hate her or love her it seems. I think it helps to have great actresses (Kassie, Lauren, Ari) in the role. Ali ... she's always been hit or miss. I like Jenn Lilley just fine, but I'm not putting her on their level just yet.

Yeah. I mean, if you (not you, of course, lol) don't like her, fine, but honestly, she's doing a great job in the role.

Archived