DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I know! It's great. I have no idea why he was brought back. Drake's gotten so terrible in the role, too.

And a big ole !@#$%^&*] no to Kelly Sullivan ever coming to DAYS. Especially as Sami. Yeah. No. Sami won't ever be recast.

• Members

Not sure why anyone would think Sami needs to be recast [will never happen and is not needed] when the show now has an opening to build these characters and make Days a great show. One of the reasons Daytime has failed is because shows have dedicated the hour to few characters.

To deny fans an emotional payoff with EJ/Nicole [not that I was one of them] because James wanted to work with Sweeney is an atrocity!

Sweeney leaving is a gift!

• Members

What pay off was needed? Nicole was always second to Sami and always would be as far as EJ was concerned.

Nicole has always been second to someone or something in all of her relationships. Be it Eric, Daniel, Brady or EJ. I felt their relationship wrapped up pretty well all things considered.

• Members

Tuesday July 01

Eve suddenly realizing she and Theresa can work together to make Jen's life hell? Gold. I am so here for that. And I love that Eve instantly drooled at the sight of Brady. It seems he was taken by surprise as well.

Lucas telling Sami that all he wants is her happiness was very touching. Johnny walking Sami down the aisle was as well.

That scene that revealed Sami's dress/hair and then she flashbacked was wonderful (did they really have EJ and Sami have anal sex?). It really made me feel even more for Sami and get more excited. And that ending fantasy--Abigail and EJ making out in front of her. Awesomeness. My God I am hoping the payoff is wonderful.

And now EJ is getting busted for tax evasion? Is that going to be his exit story? I kinda like it. And there is no doubt Sami is behind that, too!

UUUUUUGH at Daniel being condescending about Theresa and a hero to JJ and his Twat mother. rolleyes.gif And Eve is back in his orbit. No, Eve, no! Go BACK to Brady.

What on Earth are you talking about? The lawsuit story is stupid and crap? Did you even watch the episodes or are you going off of something you read? The lawsuit story is classic soap.

First of all, without it, all Jen and Eve have is a dynamic, not a story. A feud is nothing without a story and this is the perfect way to reignite their hatred for one another. In fact, it's amazing (especially since everyone was freaking out that Eve's story would be seducing JJ because they had one introductory scene together and they feared the high school feud was all they would go with, which thankfully they are not).

Secondly, Jennifer has already said Jack gave in to demands because he wanted to make the divorce a done deal. Aiden even thought he could argue extortion.

Besides, so what if it's a rewrite? One of Y&R's best storylines was Jill and Kay arguing over recently discovered papers in which Phillip wanted to leave the Chancellor estate to Kay. That basic premise spun into an epic battle because it brought back to life dormant feelings and pain, which is what I'm seeing in this story as well. This has the same potential, especially since both sides, Jen and Eve, have good reasons (yes, despite the fact I can't stand Jen, I can see her point): Jen wants to preserve Jack's dying wishes and Eve needs to find a way to get out of a very bad economic situation for her and her daughter. BAM!

Seriously, though.

LMAO! Dead.

• Members

Wednesday, July 02:

I'm impressed--EJ and Sami ended up getting married. I was hoping Abigail would get dragged at the wedding but maybe Sami plans to do that during JJ's graduation? biggrin.png Or at the gala? It's all such a mystery and I love it. They are doing really good build up to it and we already know Sami planned for the arrest to happen. Let's see what's next!

Clyde is already impressive. Kate seems to have no idea what she is signing them all up for. Love Lucas' attitude throughout the whole thing.

Roman and Marlena are adorable. And her bitchfest with Gisele was hilarious. Marlena couldn't get to that door quick enough.

Hope and Aiden are fantastic. Except for the pacing, y'all are complaining for absolutely no reason. Call me crazy but I am loving all the gala planning, especially since those scenes afford a lot of little interactions, great little moments between them. Besides, an event like this would take weeks, if not months, to plan and I'm glad that, for once, someone doesn't mention this on Wednesday and manage to pull it off by Friday's episode. rolleyes.gif

I need to marry your posts. I don't understand how people don't see that the actual object being fought over is irrelevant: What Jennifer is fighting for is Jack's dying wishes and Eve is fighting to be able to support herself and her daughter. And if they have to take each other down to do that, clearly they will. It's beautiful.

And yes to Hope/Aiden love. These two are working together very well. I really hope they don't screw this one up.

I agree. It made absolute story and character sense.

• Members

I tend to like messed up character more than the goodie two shoes so Theresa seems to be right up my alley. I am slowly warming my way back into watching Days and I must say that the Brady/theresa messy relationshipp is one of the few things i am really enjoying. I am not a fan of Eric Martsolf overall but i think he is stepping up a bit.

And kristen is probably going to eat poor theresa alive when she comes back.

I missed out on ED last time around, was there any interaction between Kristen and theresa?

• Members

I don't think there has ever been any interaction between Kristen and Teresa. All I can hope is that Teresa survives this round of Kristen because she is surely no match for her.

Me too. They have something good here, so I really hope they don't mess it up. I didn't think that they would use Hope much without Bo, even though losing one half of a super couple can really free up the remaining character to be a lot more interesting. I thought for sure Hope was going to get the Kayla treatment.

Archived