DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't you watch Oprah back in the day, Toups? It's not about the royalties. It's about a deep seated female rivalry. I understand some people think it's far fetched, but it's working for me.

I continue to love Hope and Aiden. This is one of the best soap romances I've seen in a long time. It reminds me of something we would have seen on Ryan's Hope once upon a time. No, not as deep and they are messing up some of the beats and the pace, but for a soap in 2014, it's pretty good, imo.

• Members

There is no romance though. Days has taken so long that it feels like he's officially in the friend zone. I enjoy them but the pacing is absolutely atrocious. They should have already shared their first kiss and been fighting their feelings. Days is showing no indication that they even share an attraction to each other. Maybe by Christmas, they'll hold hands for the first time

• Members

laugh.png I think it's pretty clear that there is an attraction, but you're right, the pace is a little off. I think partially TPTB are afraid of the Bope fans. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if they were desperately trying to get someone in the role of Bo these last 6 months. I think they're doing a pretty good job of developing Aiden as a character with issues surrounding his wife's death though.

• Members

When Higley wrote the show, all we got were insta-hookups like that. Tomsell have a different style, a more devastating one - namely they build up a couple organically over 18 months and get people deeply invested only for one part of the couple to break the foundation of trust on such a deep level that the viewer cannot really still root for the couple in good conscience. Examples of this are Eric/Nicole (she shredded the evidence he needed), Abby/Chad (he faked an illness to get the edge on Cameron), Rafe/Jordan (ok, I'll never be invested in them, but he cheated on her last week with Kate). It's cruel really.

I fully expect Aiden to have Bo locked up in his basement or some ish like that, but it will only be revealed after Aiden has won Hope's trust.

• Members

Tuesday episode:

I can't believe Dannifer are still having these stupid juvenile breakups - such a heaping load of sheeeet

Eve and Theresa were the highlight of the episode - their dynamic of mutual dislike and pragmatism could be interesting.

I love that Brady told SalemJesus to get lost.

In the minority here, but I thought it was fitting that only about 6 people attended Ejami's wedding - I loved it that no characters are giving them the time of day anymore. Neither of them have friends so why not reflect that?

• Members
I think it was realisitic bc this is what their 3rd or 4th wedding to each other (not to mention the multiples to other people). If you attend a wedding, you have to give a gift or money. And then there's the time and money used to shop for a dress and get your hair done. If this were real life, I wouldn't attend. I wouldn't waste an outfit on them! Especially when based on history the odds were they wouldn't get married and if they did, they'd be divorced by the end of the year. You get one, maybe two weddings out of me. After that, don't even bother sending me an invite

• Members

Sami's wedding dress is so hideous. It's just not appropriate for a wedding and the back splits her ass in 1/2. Gross!

Not sure what is behind the boredom of the wedding itself, so I'm not a happy camper. Haven't seen Wednesday's show yet, so we will see.

Eve and Teresa's relationship is much better than I thought it would be. Teresa certainly has her number. She had to make a call in the other room and told Eve not to touch anything. lol

Dirty Hairy and that matted hair is just so nasty. Jennifer, though I love to see this 80 year old suffer, is begging this filthy clown? Um why?

Archived