DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I second that. Do it. DAYS on it's worst day is honestly better than GH at this stage in the game.

It helps a lot that we have some script-writers who can basically churn out gold (the Culliton's and Salmons) most of the time, but even they have an off day once in a while.

• Members

Each story held my interest today. Suzanne Rodgers certainly gets a gold star. I tuned in to see KDP for a few eppies but decided to stick around and am just enjoying the whole show. The writing is really getting stronger.

The one thing I CANNOT do is Jordan and Rafe. They are awful. CS coming to Days was supposed to be a huge deal. Not sure why anyone thought this. Jordan's story is Nicole's story from years ago.

• Members

I missed most of last week - is it worth catching up on?

I really like Jordan and Ben's father. He has a style and presence that's just natural that you really don't see much on soaps. Hopefully he sticks around.

Sami is still killing it. Can't wait for the big reveal.

Suzanne Rogers is the side-eye queen of the day!

• Members

It was a decent week. Nothing earth-shattering, IMO. The wedding, jailbird EJ, Jennbitch and Saint Eve, some of the guys were shirtless Friday, LOL, but I haven't seen Friday's episode yet.

I like the father too. The actor's on contract so I assume he's sticking around, at least for now, but considering the show tapes 2 years in advance ...

• Members
Tammy Sue's father is officially a DILF
Theresa: "Is that holier than thou bitch, trashing me to my cousin right now?"
Is Kate loco? She done messed with the wrong. I don't get why she is going up against Stefano like this.
CwGyR57.jpg?1
I like Brady better with scruff
Um no. EJ and Nicole's ending had nothing to do with James wanting to work with Sweeney.

I think EJ cheating on and dumping her for her sister was pretty much the natural end of that marriage. The writers obsession with trying to make Mary Sue Taylor happen with EJ , which was a flop of a couple killed Nicole with EJ. Sami was nowhere in the picture

Nicole was never this boring!

• Members

Thursday July 03:

Maggie was firing all them one-liners today: “We wouldn’t want Sami to have a dull wedding!” “I wouldn’t say that. She's not a stone cold bitch. Now she’s morphed into something much worse.” Bitchiness galore!

I thought it was great how Sami found a bunch of evidence that EJ was keeping and destroyed it. Funny how the engagement ring cut open one of the gloves lol It does feel as if Sami hasn't planned this all the way through but, with the way they're playing this story out (i.e. intentionally leaving stuff out & misleading), I'm going to wait and see the next twists. Which is what makes this great.

Eve is just amazing all around. I am loving her fight with Jennifer and I truly, truly hope they continue to write it well.

That was a great moment for Harold!

But I don't get your Theresa hate, at all. I don't care what she did or didn't do on any other show. On this show, she has been stellar and Theresa has had one amazing story after the next. One of the best additions of recent years, aside from JJ (character rewrite notwithstanding).

• Members

Why doesn't Maggie give her son the business like she did Brady (who looks like a totally different person without facial hair)?

Jordan and Ben's father reminds me of a Roscoe Born role. There's some yet to be revealed Eddie Ford in there as well.

• Members

I see Maggie now as a stealth b@tch... It is weird seeing the actor who plays Jordan and Ben's father be bad as he tended to be the nice dad (see Charmed) or the best friend (see North and South)...

Archived