DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know its not a popular opinion but I really like Theresa and I have been a fan of JL eversince she took over as Maxie. Her scenes with Caroline was really nice.

And i like her friendship with Anne.

I dont really care about Eve and Paige though

And can someone explain what JJ sees in Sabrina jr? Paige is the teen version of nurse santiago from GH.

• Members

Theresa's scenes with Caroline are clearly meant to humanize her and show that, deep down, she has some goodness in her. And they're somewhat effective, but that mostly comes down to Peggy McCay portraying dementia really believably.

I think Kassie DePaiva is doing great as Eve, I like watching her and she brings energy to her scenes. Plus, Eve is making Jennifer's life hell and that old adage 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' rings true.

• Members

Kassie definitely has added some much needed energy. Jennifer is so much more appealing away from Daniel (and same goes for Maggie)

Loved Lucas seeing through Sami's fainting spell at the wedding. Nice to see the bitch is back. Finally the Sami I remember. Even though she has been written a lot better over the last couple of years compared to her sainthood after getting with Rafe.

JJ and Paige remain boring but Paige is at least more tolerable now with Eve around and the actress seems to be coming alive a bit more. She just lacks energy in her scenes.

Ben is sooooooo boring. I like that he's nice and protective of Abby, and they work together, but man ... zzzzz.

Tammy-Sue. I can't. LOL. And Ollie. LOL

James Read is a nice addition. I wonder what the plans are for his character, aside from being tied to the boringness of Jordan and Ben.

Marlena and Giselle throwing shade at each other was fun, but over Roman? No thank you. Yuck. However I'm really liking how they are writing Marlena and that she at least is doing something not tied to her kids, Kristen or that albatross John.

Hope and Aiden have some definite chemistry. I appreciate the slow build actually. I'm sure like every other couple though the sloooow build will lead to them being rushed together and something "shocking" coming between them. I almost don't want to get too invested in them like I was Ericole, only to be pretty annoyed by how they went about blowing them up.

The show is starting to pick up a bit, which is nice, but that's because the stories are starting to come to a head. Sami's revenge against EJ and Abigail, Eve's arrival (as Dannifer obstacle 6,000), etc.

• Members

Friday's episode, while filler-ish, was enjoyable I thought. Abby's hair and wardrobe though... WTF. I know 80 year olds who dress more hip than she does. Abby obviously got her fashion sense from her mom.

I've been liking Eve's wardrobe though. And Eve in general. But her and Daniel... can we not, show? Can we not ruin the loads of potential Eve has by throwing her at the primate? But I loved her and Theresa. And I'm going to need Eve and Anne to meet and trade insults about Jennifer.

Shirtless Ben... hello! I like how he didn't bother to put on a shirt to meet Abby's mom for the first time. I didn't even realize they hadn't met until that scene.

I just adore T. I won't even lie, the whole bit with him not remembering that girl's name cracked me up.

Between Eve and Sami, I'm enjoying the show these days.

• Members

The blame doesnt rest squarely on KS' shoulder but yeah her Kate was horrible. I never understood why the show went there. The recast wasnt even needed since MW was willing to return.

I think the Sami character has already eatten the show enough in the past two decades. Give it a rest.

Archived