DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I watched today since I was home from work on 4th of July. Plus, with a certain fav character coming back for a visit soon.. I wanted to catch up... and was I lost.

JJ is still a hottie, but I don't like this new guy act. I do like that he's evolved but I hate that when a character reforms they lose their edge and become a goody goody. Plus, why do good young female characters nowadays such as this girl Paige act so sickly sweet? Jennifer, Hope, Carrie, Chloe, and Melissa when they were teens were nice, but had an edge to them. Nowadays, if a character is nice they are boring. You'd think with Eve as her mother and Theresa as her aunt, that she'd have a little edge to her?

I am a die hard Eve fan back in the day, loved her especially when she turned Shane/Kimberly's lives upside down. You didn't need anything over the top with Eve/Shane/Kimberly at all... just having all three in the same house provided quite a lot of story and drama that spanned 2 or 3 years. In that span of 4 years, Kimberly and Eve went being at odds to getting along.. and it happened slowly over time.

With that said, I was hesitant to accept anyone but Charlotte Ross in the part. While KDP still has a slight southern accent.. I do see instances where she has the same mannerisms and essence of Charlotte Ross. I do think she came across warm and sincere with her drip of a daughter Paige that I don't think Charlotte Ross could have pulled off. The jury is still out, but she isn't the disaster I thought she would be as Eve.

• Members

Thoughts for the week!

1) This week had so much potential and I feel it was a let down.. the Sami/EJ wedding should have been at least 3-4 episodes.. it seemed so rushed and NOBODY was there. I lol'ed when Sami said the party was about to start as they started dancing and 4 of the 8 people had already left! It's July sweeps (I know July isn't as big of a sweeps as the other months) but they need to bump it up!

2) JJ's graduation party should have been another huge event - they should have been spaced out more - JJ's graduation party one week (where he is seduced by a drunken Eve and Bev walks in).. and the following week could have been the Ejami wedding with Kate AT the wedding scheming with Sami of how they are doing to destroy the DiMera family (with the fallout from JJ's graduation party). Sami could have even invited Kate up the front to do one of the "readings"

3) I'm liking Eve.. she is adding some much needed zest to the show - especially to JJ/Jenn and Brady/Theresa... just please Keep her away from Dan-orbit.

4) I loved Ciara's line of how she "didn't get to be the flower girl at Kristen's wedding either..and Will and Sonny didn't even have a flower girl!" .... this girl is going to be GOLD when she hits her teenage years! How much longer until Lauren Boles turns 13?!

5) CAROLINE!!! It was great seeing her after 3 months!!

6) The 4th of July episode was really good. I loved T forgetting his date's name and her finally showing up at the end? (Was that his real life gf again?)... and I totally agree that I would love to see a T/Abby pairing and Ben torn between Abby and his unexpected feelings toward Will !!

7) favorite line of the week from James Scott "all the days of our lives." I love it when the writers incorporate the show's title into the script... usually at weddings... but it's classy.

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!! STAY SAFE AND EJOY THE FIREWORKS!

• Members

Wednesday was a snoozeworthy bore - I was going to marathon the rest of the week, but have now lost interest.

If my name was Tammy-Sue, I'd change it too!

Sami's wedding was meh, but loved her double speak with EJ and Abby throughout

Love Loved Marlena's grea flip around insult for Giselle:

http://tvmegasite.net/day/days/transcripts/trans-da-07-02-14.shtml

At least the SW's still try even when the show is so dull

• Members

Thursday was much better than Wednesday's episode.

I was kind of underwhelmed by Sami's reaction to all the evidence she found in the safe about the river and Will. I know she doesn't trust EJ and is out for blood, but seriously, she still should have felt gut-punched to discover everything he kept on her. To me, it's a bigger betrayal than the cheating, because cheating is not something EJ did to hurt Sami (although Sami may not view it that way). EJ keeping all this info on her is cold and calculating though. This was all too downplayed for me.

I've only ever seen bits and pieces of OLTL so I've never had an opinion on KDP, but I quite like her as Eve. It's amazing how much more likeable Jen is as a character when she is involved her her children and not Daniel. That being said, I still hope Eve crushes her.

• Members

Friday was really just filler in terms of storyline, but it had nice moments like Eve/Theresa, Theresa/Caroline, the usual picnic stuff and seeing Adrienne.

Jennifer's dress looks even worse from the back than the front - it's like a table cloth with a hole in it and rope around her neck to keep it from falling down!

jenn.jpg

Archived