DAYS: Huge Star Quits

• Members
Ha!

I did like her the last time with Rafe. She worked there. But she, under CC, could never carry a storyline let alone a show.

For the record I'm all for an ensemble show. But even the best of them have clear cut leads. The lead doesn't have to be the sole lead and the central star of every major storyline year round, but there need to be leads IMO.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just want to add how ridiculous I think that we are finding out about her departure, almost a year and a half before it actually happens. RIDICULOUS! Id rather the news have broken out in September. Now I cant look at Sami's stories the same knowing it'll be for nothing as she wont be sticking around

• Members

CC is not lead because she is too passive, too insipid as an actress. There's the crux of it. And Carrie herself is a non-character, a good girl who may have done a few naughty things but is, fundamentally, the Good Girl the Bradys champion like crazy but no-one can really warm to.

Somewhere, on this thread or another, Cheap championed the luminous Brianna Brown as Belle. This is really the only Belle I could accept. Belle and Shawn are such dull characters that it would need somebody with a naughty look in her eye, somebody like BB to jumpstart the character. As far as Shawn is concerned, I hope Beemer has been regularly attending acting class. And IMO, there is no Shawn & Belle SL without JKJ as Philip.

If they could convince Kate Mansi to stay as Abby and entice Casey Deidrick back with an actual SL, I would also be on board. EJ vs Philip never worked as a potential rivalry because JS is freakishly tall and EJ works better with Justin. But JKJ's Philip vs a newly emboldened Chad WOULD work IMHO.

Days can't afford Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, but she would make an awesome Stephanie.

• Members

It is but ridiculous at the same time, I understand why Days did it. To lessen the shock. To have time to say goodbye and craft an exit SL. I honestly think AS and Days did it as a favor to her fans. Perhaps they looked at the MM situation over at Y&R and thought "Here's how NOT to announce an exit."

• Members

I don't know. They didn't have to tell us anything to give them time to craft an exit story. She knows she's leaving and they know. They can plan without announcing that to the audience so much in advance. And if they announced her departure in the fall, bc of Days' taping schedule, that's still about 6 months to lessen the blow. Who needs 15-16 months for that? I think they jumped the gun

Id kill to see that happen

• Members

JMW would go back to B&B before taking on a new role at any other soap for three reasons: 1) she has an established popular character; 2) the international audience of B&B, which fits with JMW's long-term goals (like that reality show she has been hosting); and 3) the production schedule on B&B is FAR more favorable than DAYS.

I am still a bit perplexed why DAYS basically wouldn't give AS anything she wants in terms of workload. I suppose, like ED, characters like Sami and Kristen can't just be backburnered for months at a time.

• Members

While I love Christie Clark and the character of Carrie - she (and really no other actress) can replace the Sami void. TPTB do not need to try so much to FILL a void that can not be filled - but instead need to focus first on continuing to tell great story, and then focus on any other interesting/noteworthy/useable characters that could be brought back on canvas... I think most of us agree that the generation below Sami/EJ/Rafe is largely missing. The Belle, Shawn, Phillip, Chloe, Mimi generation would be a great place to reinvest in. As has already been said, Days has a full year to prepare for this. It's not like its happening tomorrow. They need to take advantage of this time to both prepare Ali a great storyline exit...but also to re-establish a few characters as solid leads.

• Members

Why would they gravel for someone to stay when this person clearly wants to move on? What sense does that make for AS to be unhappy or have lukewarm feelings about a job someone else would happily have? This is one of the reasons Daytime traveled at record speed into the gutter. Not focusing on the entire canvas and picking whom they believe is the star of the show at the detriment of the show itself.

AS will never be a great actress and is a lead in terms of airtime and shoving her at the viewers only! When it comes to the greatness of Daytime leading ladies and legacies, AS/Sami Brady is at the bottom of a very long list [is she even on the list]. To think that someone would even think to categorize her in the same breath as Victoria Wyndam, Erica Slezak, Susan Lucci, Beverlee McKinsey, Dee Hall etc is absolutely laughable!

• Members

Every show can survive the loss of one of its leading players. The show has actually been more entertaining since Eileen left because it forced the writers to play to the strength of the other characters. If James Scott remains, they have tons of story to tell with him. His character has been saddled with Sami for too long. I say, goodbye and let's move on...

Archived