DAYS: Huge Star Quits

• Members

The ejami fan site is saying they got an issue of sod early and it says alison last tapes in May. That'd put her last air date in aug/sept.

Idk if it's true. But they are also saying JS is leaving cuz his contarct is up in April and they are going off together.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is SO true. I wonder if they're going to even bother with Mark Collier anymore? The way they introduced him and his lackluster date with Jennifer was pathetic. If they gave him a better hairdo (something about it right now looks like a toupee or bad dye job), I'd suggest he be paired with Hope. With Nicole, I feel like they're afraid to commit her to any character. Sadly, I think she has the *least* chemistry (and I have the least interest in) with Greg Vaughan's Eric. This whole past year of them at the church has been one big snooze (or fast-forward).

• Members

Apparently she says this "My last day, shooting-wise is at the end of May, but the way that Days shoots, that means I'll be on the air for almost all of 2014"

Seems legit. Weird cuz her current contract is until dec of this year. If it stays at 4.5 months ahead it'll a be mid oct. If they pre tape or get ahead at all it'll be nov sweeps.

• Members

i believe this. JS has been shaky as far as staying w/ the show long term, and has been resigning short-term contracts every time... IMO, DAYS (finally) only put EJ/Sami together to appease him (and maybe, Alison?) because they were like WTF are they going with them? Damn. LOL

when Sami's gone, EJ's gone, imo.

• Members

Might not be a rumor. I hear AS asked to be let out of her contract early.

Not sure how true, but I don't think they would fight it because of all the years of service.

EJ going with her makes no difference to me, but I have a feeling if James stayed, TIIC would try to shackle him to Nicole, thus robbing the Nicole/Eric fans. Many fans were really hurt when they took a sledgehammer to Nicole and EJ for the filth that is known as Ejami. There's no appeasing Nicole fans by making her his last resort. They need to stay on course.

• Members

if it is true, it makes her announcing her departure now make a whole lot more sense than if her final tape date was December with final air date in early spring of 2015. That was ridiculous

Hard to imagine Sami and EJ leaving together considering everything about their current story seems to be about them heading for a breakup. He's having an affair. I don't see how she can just sweep that up and move forward with a life with him, at least not within a few months post-reveal, which I don't see happening soon

• Members

This is big news...

However, if there is one show in daytime that is somewhat 'star' proof, it's DAYS. They've gone through so many big names in the last two decades and sure the show goes through peaks and valleys, but it survives. And so it will continue.

I don't know what Alison Sweeney is hoping for at this stage of her career, at 37, not looking particularly young, but maybe she's just looking forward to life at home with her kids, maybe she's been good with her money. Whatever it is, there is no denying she has been the star of the show for a solid 15 years, if not more, and the canvas will be very different without her.

James Scott should go with her, he will be very out of place on the canvas.

I also wonder what the positioning will be for characters like Nicole, Kate and Marlena, all of whom have had major interaction with Sami for the entirety of her run.

• Members

I don't think Sweeney has any grand illusions about becoming a name movie star or even a primetime tv star.

She's got TBL and a book dea. TV movies should be an easy get for her. Her husband has a good career. And she seems like she's been smart with her money.

I do wonder if say a hope or marlena will get a major story. I suspect not though.

Archived