DAYS: Huge Star Quits

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

she's sort of the female Carson Daly/Ryan Seacrest. I think she's getting a lot of entertainment magazine/talk show offers, and has probably turned many offers down on account of DAYS.

i wouldn't be surprised is once she's done with DAYS we see her turning up on Live with Kelly and Micheal and The View and The Talk as guest co-host... she might even do DWTS, at some point, to boost her profile some.

i can see her joining the Today Show as well, in some capacity...

• Members

Losing two huge stars within months of each other? That's too much talent to bleed out in such a short amount of time. They would basically be losing both their show anchors and their two heaviest story hitters. Once EJ and Sami leave, nothing in Salem happens outside of Dannifer. Makes sense why they begged Eileen to come back.

Lucci is basically the Lucielle Ball of Daytime. She's at best a solid, fun comedic actress full of charisma. But out of the Daytime divas she is a poor dramatic actress in all regards. She will never be looked at highly as a strong actress in any regard. Sweeney however is a powerhouse when it comes to dramatic confrontation scenes, which soaps build themselves on. Sweeney is vastly superior when it comes to crafting and working a scene. Lucci is just style, nothing more.

I think they are at this point entwined together to the point that they can no longer be separated. There was a chance around 2010-2012 where he could have gotten away from her and been fine on his own. But since their reunification in 2013 EJ's fate was sealed to hers. This isn't just for EJ though, Sami is tied inextricably to EJ too and has been since 2006. Rafe and Lucas are merely stop-gaps. The writers have always known where the true story lies. EJ's been feeding Sami story for 8 years now and both have benefited from the relationship. If EJ didn't exist Sami would have never become as central to the show as she was from 07 onward.

She's not a great. She's nowhere near that of a Lucci, Francis or a Slezak, she's not even a Flannery. At most she is in the ball park of a Michelle Stafford or a Katherine Kelly Lang with more publicity.

I agree with this. She hasn't carried Days for 20 years. She has definitely given them some highlighted material during her tenure for sure. The Will storyline, her death row story, her sabotage of Carrie's relationships, her issues with her mother and John Black being the most memorable ones. But Sami wasn't carrying Days until 2007 at the earliest, and even then there was a major antagonist fueling pretty much all of her story.She was never the sole lead prior to 2008, and even then she was co-leading with another actor.

I wouldn't say that. Belle's love triangle with Phillip and Shawn received just as much of a priority as Sami's trials with Lucas and Austin during that time period. I think people forget that Shawn, Belle and Phillip were huge players at Days for years prior to their exits. Sami wasn't the sole lead until the show became all about her in 2007 where pretty much everything was about EJ and Sami.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Message from Deidre Hall

Liked · May 23

Dearest Ali.
I don't know how we will get through today, much less all the Days to follow. For years I have stood arms-length from you, finding our light, watching the greatest show of all. It has been your breathtaking journey to womanhood. I am unspeakably proud. My love and respect for you go beyond words. You are the daughter I never had.
I always knew you would walk, I never dreamed you would fly.
Clear skies, little one.
Deidre
10314700_769723593058721_481497329174878

Archived