DAYS: Huge Star Quits

• Members

She did. I was much more interested in Rafe and Carrie than I ever was in Sami and Rafe. Rafe may have been Sami's "mature" relationship but he ruined her character. Thankfully she's somewhat recovered. I will forever thank MarDar for finally making me tolerate Rafe and even like him at times. They did do a few things right. Too bad they seemed to fall apart and were boring.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, that's the current problem with DAYS. All the big-time supercouples of the 80's and 90's are now missing one-half of their pairings. Marlena has no John. Hope has no Bo. Jennifer has no Jack. Kayla has no Patch. Abe has no Lexie. So we've got a lot of people, women especially, meandering about Salem with no romantic potential.

I think Christie Clarke has great onscreen prescence and really symbolizes the 90's Brady era of Days. I would completely welcome a return. My bigger concern would be: which Austin would return? I would rather have Peck back. Or, bring Carrie back alone (with a toddler, though)

• Members

Even though I'd love to see Nicole take center stage, there is no reason why Hope couldn't do the same. Like AS, KA managed to take her character from teen to adult leading lady. KA looks fantastic (definitely does not look her age), Hope is a core character, etc. The problem is that they basically have sat Hope in the background for so long because of "NoBo."

• Members

imo, DAYS has missed a lot of ORGANIC opportunities for story/relationships w/ Nicole in their Eric+Nicole OTP Quest. When Nicole was interacting with Rafe that seemed like a really interesting pairing, for them. And when she was hating Kristen and heavy into Brady's life, that was a GREAT opportunity (IMO) to rekindle Brady+Nicole, because it was just THERE. And just a bit ago, Nicole+Daniel actually wasn't so bad - they had a comfy/real relationship, and the 'couple adventure/in danger!' when they were meeting the drug dealer in the park hearkened back to DAYS of old.

i actually think Daniel+Nicole would be a good move, this go.

• Members

Bo was the only one given viable outside pairings. Carly was an amazing character and was fantastic with both Bo actors. Billie was also a great pairing (at the time). Hope's other relationships have always been with a person who was shady or an outright villain. Or with little potential.

As much as Reilly's DAYS was not my favorite period on the show, he really did right by Bo, Hope and Billie during those first two years after Alfonso returned.

I think Jennifer is currently enjoying what should be Hope's position as a character on the current canvas. Not that I want her with Daniel, but Jennifer is the only female over 40 with a love story and a family story and rivals onscreen. Kate comes close right now as well.

• Members

They can move Carrie towards Rafe and have Kate bring Mike back to town to keep them apart. I can go for that.

Btw I didn't see the chem with Carrie and Rafe and didn't like them together but I did and do think the pairing has\had potential bc of the ramifications on the other characters. It was cut way too short before any of that could be explored. Man I really want to see Carrie get the full wrath of Kate's venom the way Sami did all these years. Having Sami and Kate united in their dislike for her writes itself

• Members

It's not enough to bust up supercouples; what you replace it with has to be legitimately interesting. Most of what they've given those characters since isn't, to me. Or in some cases, like with Daniel and Jennifer, it's unwatchable. It always seems as though in the case of most of the others DAYS wants to not have to pay for the supercouples but only wants to replace them with the cheapest [!@#$%^&*] they can find. Let's have Hope date some soccer dad - why not? I'm not some big Bo and Hope fan but is that really the follow-up you want for Bo Brady? When Linda Gottlieb came onto OLTL and smashed everything up, especially with some of the big money couples, she came in with characters carefully cast and stories designed to do that. Some worked, some didn't but nobody was cheap wallpaper.

You have to approach a story and a new character with the same vigor that once fired the supercouple you came to end. But DAYS almost never does that. Jim Reilly occasionally did, back in the '90s at least, but later on that man couldn't write daily story. The scripts were awful and often the actors were worse.

Archived