DAYS: Huge Star Quits

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I agree.

NBC/Corday/sony wanted this news broken by alison right away, once it was final. They used her pal Ellen, who airs on most NBC stations, to do it. A year beforehand. This, to me, seems like it's letting the shock hit now and a "say goodbye to Sami Brady after 22 years" is coming.

A recast down the line? Perhaps. But I think they will just wait it out and hope for AS to return.

• Members

Yes, the "Say Goodbye to Sami" idea is bound to come down the line.

I don't see them ever recasting Sami. No matter how she departs the show, she can always be welcomed back for the finale/guest appearances, even if as a ghost.

They *definitely* should bring back Belle now. I'd welcome a good recast. Martha Madison was just too bland/asexual for me. Brandon Beemer back as Shawn? Absolutely! :)

• Members

To be fair though, they were also pulling in 7.0+ ratings and 5th out of 13 soaps at the time, so they had a bit further to fall than 2.0 and last place tongue.png.

I think the only thing that is going to botch the show after AS leaves is Ken Corday and his propensity to panic and react in exactly the wrong way.

• Members

This would be a huge loss no matter what. However the loss could have been lessened if they had anyone else to become the leading lady. Nicole is a wonderful second lead and support. Ari is beyond talented but Nicole isn't the lead type. Abby has been wasted and mansi likely won't stay after her current contract anyways. Belle, Stephanie and Melanie were all invested in by the show but just forgotten once they left Salem. Any, or all, of them should have been recasted. I know Melanie was unpopular early on and didn't catch on to much here but the show spent years on her character and even listened to fan reaction and made her work. The soaps can't hold onto young talent anymore. There are no more heather toms, Ali Sweeney's or Kim McC's who grow up on screen and stay. So they have the characters and they need to be recasted. Days has been missing that age range between Sami and Abby and it is really obvious when you talk about Sami leaving.

A belle recast is needed now. A great one. Carrie? Lol. No. ESP under CC. AS may not have been the best actress of all time, but soap leading ladies are more about talent. You have to have that IT factor and Sweeney has it. Lucci had it. Many others have and do have it. Days isn't totally screwed. Ali gave them a years notice. They just better take advantage of it.

Archived