GH50: November 2013 Discussion

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're right about them changing it, they removed Kate from the "side zoom" part and replaced her with someone but I can't tell who it is. It might be Olivia, as she would make the most sense if the person correlates to who is next to Sonny in the B opening. Hopefully it will be more clear via ABC or Hulu.

• Members

Silas' new haircut looks like ass. As a Sam fan, ewwww to Kuku being related to her

WHY hasn't anyone noticed that Heather keeps breaking in and out of Ferncliff? And she's out for hours, with tons of clothes to change into and apparently has money to get around town. Oh dear lord, is she going to try and kill Kelly Clarkson next?

When did Diane and Max split?

This Carly/Franco storyline is AWFUL! Is there anyone that's actually enjoying it and don't say well LW/RH have chemistry. Im talking about the actual plot. Im stumped on what they are trying to accomplish here and why I should care. I don't give a damn about Franco's art problems and why he has to lie to Carly about it with this foolishness with Diane

This show features way too many flashbacks of material which just aired and these are long flashbacks, like a minute or longer

I love Derek and Morgan together. Cant wait till Sonny finds out

• Members

Reminds me of when Days would constantly have flashbacks of things that happened five minutes ago, or when they had a character make a hard decision and constantly flashback to the key scene every time they felt guilty or something.

• Members

Derek and Morgan have chem. I am really bummed what they are doing with Heather. It is such broad comedy nonsense, and while that is good in certain places RM has such skills playing evil and the show is just throwing it all away. LH needs to tone it down herself, as sometimes she gives what she means to be comic intonations of certain words and it winds up coming across as jibberish that no actual human would say the way she does.

• Members

As stupid as those scenes got - Duke forcing various contrived moments that were right out of DAYS - Finola Hughes's performance as Obrecht-in-Anna-mask is increasingly fine-tuned and hilarious. Right down to the hint of the accent, the perfect body language identical to Kathleen Gati, and her eyes darting about frantically as she struggled to remember how to read Faison his Miranda rights. "Uh, you have the right to answer questions..." I about died when Duke asked her where her gun was and she just stared into the middle distance, helpless.

Derek in his bathrobe cuddling up with Morgan just takes things into a whole weird area.

• Members

Oh yes it does. Julian looked so creepy next to clueless Morgan. How funny would it be for Kika to find out that her husband is now sleeping with her uncle?

A dangerous gay mobster sleeping with Sonny's son would be fun. Perhaps the incident with Alexis in the car scarred him forever. Then Julian finds out that the other gay man in town is Felix and he starts running after Carly.

Why doesn't this man ever wear clothes? Who opens the door like that except Morgan? He looks so much better as a ruthless businessman than as a Playgirl cover from the 80s.

• Members

I personally got better vibes off RH's Franco and Morgan back when they were all at the Q mansion together and Howarth got really into BC's personal space. I will never believe Franco is not a demented psychopath and that this isn't all some sick game of his, and the way to really twist that knife (and shock the audience) would be to have him bed mother and son. But ABCD is far too risk-averse for that. Which brings me back to another point about the perils of the ABC/PP conflict over GH and OLTL and the trade-off of assured funding vs. freedom of content, but that's a whole other, bigger discussion.

I'm pretty sure Julian/deVry will take the fall as the big bad for a number of people soon enough. They're burning through the character too fast, IMO, and he's good in this role. I think the Jeromes work because they're kind of these oddly colorful and peculiar, retro-outsize throwback villains who don't fit the usual "Sonny's enemies" mold of grimdark guys in long coats skulking about the docks - they wear pastels and hot numbers and run art galleries and live in Connie's ridiculous office which Frank turned into something out of The Flintstones immediately after arriving at GH; God, that whole room looks awful. Anyway, they're not the usual. They're old school and a little more than just the one note, and I like that. Even if Maurice Benard and the promo department are trying so hard to make this about Sonny the badass mobster, or Morgan whining and rending his garments and saying "Mikey" a thousand times a week, I just don't care about any of that - I only care about Julian and Ava causing trouble.

The element that falls totally flat is the Sam/Alexis one. Oh, she's a Jerome, end of story. There's nothing there, and Kelly Monaco is back to her usual bored to tears. NLG - I love Nancy Lee Grahn, okay, I have for many years, but she's had her nervous schtick going on for maybe a decade and it's just gotten really old. I might be able to get into Julian and Alexis if a) it wasn't obvious that RC is going to completely burn through Julian as blackhearted and evil, as opposed to a villain who can last like a Carlo Hesser or an Alex Olanov, and B) if Nancy wasn't doing the same middle-aged schoolgirl routine that is just embarrassing to watch. They have chemistry, but the writing is bad, she looks a mess, and her performance is silly.

Frankly, if it was me I'd say that Alexis went to that bar that day because she was acting out from her true first sexual experience, which she's blocked out - being raped by Stavros on Cassadine Island. Her mind has simply convinced itself that Julian was her first, but he wasn't - Stavros is Sam's father, the product of Cassadine incest.

Did Silas tell Kiki that Delia's last married name was 'Crane?' I thought both the script and Ilene Kristen said Delia was remarried to Roger Coleridge.

• Members

Kelly Monaco was so awful in the little bit I saw of her yesterday with Maura West's Ava. She did come across bored to tears. I guess a paycheck is a paycheck these days. I also somewhat love how Maura plays Ava when she knows she's 'caught'. I just think Ava comes across as SO obvious, lol, so she plays it well but the look she gets in her eyes, IDK, I just think it's hilarious. Like, she'd never win at poker.

For someone connected to a whole bunch of people, Kaka seems awfully isolated in Michael's world. They're missing the boat with her and truly connecting her (not that I want that, but from a story perspective, they've definitely failed her). It's too bad because Kristen Alderson with that dark hair really works for her. Much better than that blond mess ever did. She's actually the least of my problems with the Franco/Silas crap, TBH.

I'm also tired of Morgan saying Mikey a bazillion times. I get they're probably trying to show him as young and immature but it's just awful. I also will never buy twinky Chad Duell as some businessman. I nearly laughed when he tried to be all manly and introduce himself to the mayor. Sit the f--- down.

I missed that script error, if there was one (And I wouldn't at all be surprised. Some of the scriptwriters are just awful). But yeah, I remember Coleridge and quickly thinking 'wow, Dee's still married to Roger' or at least still using the name, lord knows she threw the Ryan name around.

Derek/Morgan is also working for me in this weird way. It's clear Morgan is nearly desperate for a father figure. Kind of sad. I don't think Bryan Craig is all that bad but the character leaves a lot to be desired. I still feel like all Morgan is is a plot point.

Julian is SO taking the fall for everyone. I'm somewhat OK with that. deVry is doing pretty well. I think he tries a bit too hard at times and his voice somewhat annoys me for some reason, I feel like he's making it deeper ... does that make sense? Maybe I just forgot how he speaks but it's not working for me, lol.

And Carly as nothing but a prop to Julian/Franco doesn't thrill me either. Laura Wright has been looking GOOD lately and she's really giving everything her all, like Becky Herbst, but it's clear there's very little interest in either Liz or Carly.

I think my biggest problem overall with some things is the lack of depth to certain characters. We get it, rarely, (like with Kim actually selling me on Robin missing her family --- FINALLY) but we need more of that, IMO. It's why I feel like Liz and Carly are props. There's very little 'their side' being shown, a lot of times GH comes off as scenes to showcase characters and very little else. Like "hey, we remember her!" I did appreciate the appearance by Lesley.

Is it wrong I'm already wondering what Leslie Charleson will look like when she finally shows up again?

Archived