GH50: November 2013 Discussion

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the fast food mentality to which Craptini subscribes. They love that they don't even have to attempt depth or good storytelling because their audience want what they want when they want it, and that means put my favs on and give me my couple. I don't wish to sit down and wait 25 minutes while you prepare me a nice meal, I'm going to visit the drive thru for my meal in 2 minutes.

I like the Faison scenario you have written up. It's good and makes sense, so it will NEVER happen on THIS GH.

As for Bobbie, JZ was awful on so many levels, and Bobbie was just ridiculous. But the absolute worst part is that Jerry is an international terrorist with 2 attacks on PC alone. I'm sure the FBI and other US Government agencies we are not supposed to know about would love a sit down with him over coffee. What do we get? The citizens of PC passing him around like a hot potato, each having one ridiculous conversation with him after another. Last year, Jerry poisoned the water supply and almost wiped out the city, yet Anna and Robert (or was it Luke) left him chained to a [!@#$%^&*] bed at a posh hotel?! REALLY?! Who writes something like this?! After this stint, I don't ever need to see Jerry again. It's not even soap farfetched any longer. It's just downright ridiculous! I need them to retire this clown! I love SR, but I am beyond over Jerry Jacks!

The only time Anna has mobilized and done anything remotely close to her job was when Emma was missing. Otherwise, she's a complete idiot. People always talked about how ridiculous Guza's law enforcement was [and they were], but Craptini's idea of law enforcement is absolutey laughable! Anna and Dante are 2 complete dumb [!@#$%^&*]!

The biggest problem here is that Carly is sleeping with a serial killer [reformed for now] who tortured her loved ones, and the story has yet to be written. LW and Roger have chemistry so the audience should love this. It's absolutely maddening!

• Members

I can buy Jerry being left alive in some way. Because in point of fact the explanation they gave for Julian's survival also made sense - Robert was overruled by the WSB because Jerome was an asset to flip against international criminals. Jerry, who gets his hands considerably dirtier than Jerome on a regular basis, has at least as many connections as Julian Jerome if not many more. He was in with the Balkan, the Zaccharas, Helena and Faison, etc. Alcazar used to have that same kind of cachet but Guza never played that card properly. That's how a lot of that intelligence work is done, even now. The problem is the show's writers are usually writing too simply to delve into this stuff in any kind of mature way, because they have little respect for their audience's intelligence.

That they left him chained up in the Metro Court, though, is ridiculous.

I do think Anna and co. are actually much smarter than Guza's cops, but the problem is that it's entirely situational, case by case. Whenever Ron feels like it or hasn't been able to balance his storylines or manage the actors' guarantees, the cops are just not around. This was the case last fall when Anna, chief of the PCPD, was suddenly [!@#$%^&*] missing during the virus ransom story.

• Members

Who would want Lucy to perform their wedding ceremony?

This was a very boring episode. You can't have a soap opera without some deep emotional moments. Cartoon stories don't make up for drama.

This wedding should have been classic soap.

While all this with Faison is happening downstairs Nik and Britt are in the bedroom talking about feelings?

Jerry is walking throught the MC holding Bobbie at gun point and Carly is alone daydreaming in an empty hotel?

The look Felix gave Felix II during the wedding... #puke

So Robin run to the church to watch the wedding?

BTW I bet it was Carlos who killed Connie. I was thinking about this during this very stupid episode.

Archived