GH50: November 2013 Discussion

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Friday's eppy was ridiculous in every aspect!

Everyone staring Robin down from head to toe should have been the cliffhanger. Robin behind a door only solidifies EVERY NEGATIVE THING I have said about those 2 bozos in charge. moRon's "make them wait" shows what a true idiot he really is and knows nothing about soaps. Fans don't wish to be strung along so that a show can have an additional good day of ratings! This anticipation isn't like it's a story so riveting and edge of your seat - it's more like waiting for the goddamn catsup to finally come out of the bottle! Never ever have I seen anyone subconsciously show their stupidity on a regular basis! REEEEEEdiculous!

Bobbie showing up out of the blue just to be kidnapped? How many does that make now? I have lost count of how many characters have been kidnapped/held against their will in this crappy story!

And I'm sorry, but if Bobbie were recast, I would not mind. In fact, I welcome it because an audience should not have to be subjected to that mess that used to be a face! It's way too distracting!

And what was that crap with Luke/Nik/Faison? Ugh!

Fin continues to turn really shitty material to gold, but we all know Anna won't be doing away with Faison. When characters talk about what they are going to do, that is as far as it will go. I'd love to see someone plug the person who has terrorized them for years. Unfortunately, it was just talk!

Jerry can die now. I don't need to see him any longer. It's beyond ridiculous! Beyond!!!!!

• Members

I understand "make 'em wait," but even that old credo has its limit. Ron reached it.

I love Jackie Zeman, I always have, but not only did her face look awful but I swear to God she sounded like she was eating it while delivering her lines. So muffled and strange, from lines to rhythms. She was utterly unable to sell what was even worse material - where Bobbie is stupid enough to suddenly decide, out of the blue, to go play errand girl for international terrorist Jerry Jacks. She wasn't nearly that bad in the spring.

• Members

Star of David ornaments and toppers for Christmas trees have a been around for a few years and were "invented" by a Jewish man in New York who is married to a non-Jew and had friends in Jewish/Christian interfaith households who wanted to find a way to combine Christmas and Hannakah decorations. They're not intended for orthodox Jewish households but for families who already celebrate both holidays.

• Members

Girl, you dont lie! The amount of people that have been kidnapped or apprehended since this story kicked up again this fall has been ridiculous

Robin

Anna

Robert

Faison

Duke

Luke

Nikolas

Obrecht

Ben

Jerry

Bobbie.

I see Carly sees Jerry in the previews. I will roll my eyes if she becomes the next person to be abducted. Almost everyone who has gotten directly involved in this mess except for Britt has been

• Members

Yep!

Re: Making them wait.... it depends on how the story is told since his overall pacing his horrid for me this doesn't work dramatically since most of his stories I have to wait eg Connie's murder mystery. I just never liked how he tells stories but again the ratings are soaring so it validates his shoddy storytelling. What do I know?

• Members

I think making 'em wait is very important. But I think it has limits, and he reached those with the various permutations of the Robin return story a little while ago. It's one thing to keep us going through to Thanksgiving, that I can understand, even to the wedding, but the nonsense obstacles like "wait, Duke is hurt - now Nikolas!" Give me a break.

And I'm sorry, but they wrote Bobbie as though she was functionally retarded. She literally just agreed to be Jerry's cocker spaniel based on a very, very few lines of dialogue. "Oh, okay, I'll go to GH for you." Really? She walks into the hotel room, sees him after all these years and all he's done - including to Luke most recently - and decides to do that for him? And then she's his hostage. As happy as I was to hear their history would be honored that's not a good use of history, that's just for pre-K. You could've easily fashioned a similar scenario for Jerry and Bobbie with the same result without reducing her to a completely stupid, clueless dupe.

And yeah, I can't believe I'm going to have to watch Robert and Anna stand around debating killing Faison on Monday. Here's what you do for last Wednesday's show: Faison taunts Anna just as he did, Robert is outside, hears a gunshot, bang, comes in - Anna has already killed Faison. Or maybe we see her do it, slowly, painfully. They spend Monday dealing with the fallout, they dispose of the body or something and you leave it open that Faison may still be clinging to life after all.

Archived