DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Just caught Mondays episode - I'm such a sucker for episodes that highlight friendships, even Jenny's silly book club. I also loved that the show played up the wtf'erry of Jen inviting Nicole to bookclub.

I know most people miss the gold digging, martini swirling, sarcastic, self destructive Nicole of old, but the writer's are actually making a long term concerted effort for sustained character growth for her, which I gotta admire - weaker writers would have her not respecting boundaries and going after Eric, letting her feel nothing about what she did to Jenny etc. 7 months of trying to do right may be boring to some, but the struggle Zuker conveys makes me buy into it.

What was Bev wearing? purple bra and black lace netting on her skirt with a zebra patterned handbag? Honestly, homeless people can make outfits work better than the wardrobe department on this show.

Sami upchucking so not needed.

Love love seeing Julie - she has such presence. She must of lit up the screen in the 60s/70s. Was she Bill Bell's prototype for Jill on Y&R (besides the working class vs. middle class difference)?

What is with the 1950's names on this show? Bev, Theresa, Marge. Who names these characters?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've wondered the same thing about the character names! So many characters (especially minor characters) seem like older names and not fitting. The only thing I could guess is if they don't want to waste a "good" name (aka: age appropriate) on a minor character who may be in and out and save it for a contract character.. however that doesn't hold true for Teresa.

• Administrator

I loved the pot-donuts scenes! There were lots of funny dialogue and it was great seeing characters just have some fun.

"I'm going to call Hope." "Call Hope what?" "Eat me!!" "I wonder what the taxi driver is going to say when I tell him to take me to the convent." "I hope they're reading 50 Shades of Gray." laugh.png

Kayla talking with peanut butter in her mouth.

Kudos to Richard Culliton on the script.

I hope DAYS does more of these "fun episodes" once in a while, especially if it's when the vets.

• Members

6HPSH7M.jpg?1

Hey look, Paula Deen got arrested and her homophobic friend tried to free her!

LMAO at Julie's revelation that cruising is boring. Nicole's outburst about them trying to confuse here was funny too.

XVY8lMy.jpg?1

NTLSKFa.jpg

1oUm4n4.jpg?1

Kayla was eating SOMEONE else's peanut butter out of the jar with her nasty spoon. Ewww! That jar was full when the show started but she finished it all. These women gained like 10-15 pounds each tonight

tumblr_mri1j0jIbE1rxy0aqo1_250.giftumblr_mri1j0jIbE1rxy0aqo2_250.giftumblr_mri1j0jIbE1rxy0aqo3_250.gif
tumblr_mri1j0jIbE1rxy0aqo9_r1_250.giftumblr_mri1j0jIbE1rxy0aqo5_250.giftumblr_mri1j0jIbE1rxy0aqo6_250.gif
tumblr_mri1j0jIbE1rxy0aqo4_250.giftumblr_mri1j0jIbE1rxy0aqo7_250.giftumblr_mri1j0jIbE1rxy0aqo8_250.gif

Thank god for the giffers out there

Stefano to Kate: "You are a soulless whore" LOL...dang he shut her down

This month is the first year anniversary of Jack's death. I hope it doesn't go ignored. I need to have JJ reflect on it and I hope Jennifer actually remembers

• Members

As a standalone episode, I loved Tuesday's book club episode. I'm not sure why nobody could figure out they were stoned (especially Jen and Nicole) but anyways...

Stefano one-upping EJ is always a good thing.

I suppose the Rafe video was a nice touch if you didn't think Sami is the most played out character in the hostory of soaps and kind of hope she gets the electric chair etc....

I always keep thinking Stefano isn't finished making Kate pay for her adultery, but it never comes...

I loved when he asked if they were reading 50 Shades of Grey

• Members

This actually makes this story look interesting (and I love they forgot to airbrush out the blog they took Justin's photo from tongue.png )

tumblr_mriqh1Htd91r82br5o1_1280.png

Anyway, I believe this is called false advertising lol

ETA: I think they forgot to give Hope starring credit but included Eric and Marlena, although not pictured.

• Members

Wow, they are going there with Kristen.

I wonder if the Book Club crew will ever find out about the donuts. That was a fun episode. I kind of would like JJ to just get away with it, but I'm sure there will be a payoff at some point.

Not really too interested in the Sami storyline. Although I am still curious what happened to the weapon.

Archived