DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

DAYS is not that good to me still! There are still many things wrong with it and many holes that they just refuse to fill to make the show feel complete but really consistent for me! This whole Dannifer pairing has been a BIG SNORE forever. I never liked them together. They have NO CHEMISTRY! Jennifer is one of my favorite characters but I feel the writers do a terrible job writing the character. They don't get the real essence and spunk of Jennifer. I think MR is playing her too soft and timid, REAL WEAK! That has never been Jennifer, except when she was a teen and scared with the potential possibility that she would end up like her mother Laura, who was very sick and institutionalized. Jennifer was always at her best when she went after what she wanted whether it was a big story when reporting or if it was making Jack realize that he had feelings for her. She was a fiery character who brought alot to the Horton family just like Hope, Maggie, Mike, and many other Hortons.

Daniel could work as a character but they need to refocus him and slowly pair him up with someone else. You want to have characters who are not always tied to main families or characters but who can interact with the main families and characters as an extension. I would have loved to see him in a different romantic pairing. Think like Don Craig, Liz and Neil Curtis, Nancy and Craig Wesley, and there are so many more I could mention. Point is they had became main characters but interacted with main characters and were not always thrown down our throats or trying to make them out to be the resident/town/soap hunk! Break Daniel and Jennifer up and try again with someone else!

The romance on this soap is very little and YES with the wrong pairings that really have no chemistry, forced, or sickening. They never had the "IT" factor. But not only that the grand love story that accompanied the couple is drastically missing, its just thrown together passionless sex. Where's the anticipation? Where's the longing?

Again I could go on and on! I'm not saying the show is all bad, it has some good points and spots to it, but for that's all it has. I've seen better! I know better! More to say, more to come later!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, Theresa was a complete and utter bitch to Caroline today. It made her look really ugly lashing out at her Alzheimer's grandmother like that. Im glad Caroline's condition hasn't been forgotten and good use of it by having her call Theresa, Stephanie. Im glad she apologized to her

I liked that JJ and Will had a scene together. When he kept talking about wanting to visit Will, I didn't think he would. Didn't think he cared about Will but they seem to get along fine and JJ does treat him like family. Im glad he has a caring side and isn't pure demon seed like Theresa

Daniel and Jennie, broke up again rolleyes.gif

Jennie: "I have a lot of work to do since I have an assistant, that doesn't come to work" This coming from the bitch that left work 3 times already that day, one of which was to go have sex :rolleyes:

• Members

I like Theresa as nasty with Nick. She's honestly a breath of mean fresh air, because the other bad girls on the show have all been de-fanged. What I love about rewatching old Sami clips is kinda how nasty she used to be, mouthing off at people and going after what she wanted. Theresa could be a really fun character if they let her actually be a bad girl. If she's "too mean" then I'm fine with it, especially when we now have Nicole running around town weeping over Dannifer, Eric's job security and Brady's love life.

• Members

You are correct.. in fact, Julie took Eve under her wing during that time frame as well due to Eve reminding Julie of herself at that age. Would be nice if there is a scene between Julie/Theresa where Julie notes how much Theresa reminds her of herself at that age.

Archived