DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days has some fabulous-looking women who happen to be over the age of 50. Deidre, Eileen Davidson, Lauren Koslow, Judi Evans. That's why the hair/wardrobe department is such a crying shame. But Deidre perhaps came straight from the hair salon because she looked amazing.

I love how beloved these women are -- and how multi-generational the canvas is.

• Members

You could also argue that Eileen looks better now than she did in the 80s (ED had the 80s eyebrows thing going on back then which was her signature, but she pared them back after her first stint at Days and it had opened up her whole face).

Looking at all these women's pics from the 70s (in the case of Deidre), 80s and 90s, though, they were always stunning. Deidre was truly breathtaking in the 70s. Eileen looked like one of those glamazon supermodels. Lauren was a smoldering, elegant sex kitten, and Judi Evans as Beth Raines on GL had the face of an angel. Stunning then and stunning now.

• Members

Week of Aug 5th thoughts!

1) It's amazing how the beginning of the week were some of the worst episodes of the show since Feb/March (episodes that highly featured Danifer) and how amazing the end of the week episodes were! (And just so happens.. no Daniel.) The only good thing about the Danifer sex was the background music was really really good!

2) Again, it was amazing to see Kristen dressed up again as Susan! Even if just for a couple episodes. I do wish we could have heard her say "Bad bad bad," but it was great to see her!

3) I spoke way too soon! The Salem High set had kids as extras in the background! Way to go Days. !

4) Totally agree about Jennifer and her work schedule.. and then she even wins a PR award of the year! ha!

5) Will had some great interaction scenes this week with Maggie, JJ, EJ, and Abby. I love these family scenes.

6) This is random but I love the fact that they remember that Jennifer has a book club and actually bring it up from time to time in storyline.

7) AMAZING scenes between Kristen/Nicole, and Kristen/Marlena this week. Kristen/Marlena was the BEST part of the week.

8)) Judi Evens knocked it out of the park on Friday with her emotional scenes with Justin and Sonny.

9) Chad's reaction was amazing to the Brain tumor. Very well acted.

• Members

FS and JE are GOLD as mother and son Sonny and Adrianne. I haven't liked Sonny since he became all.about.Will. But today, I actually smiled while watching his scenes with Adrianne. That boy loves his mother, and just needed a reason to forgive her. Again, if not for the marvelous chemistry between JE and FS, I don't know if I'd be saying this.

I think the best thing for the character of Sonny is to be removed from his romantic pairing with Will. The character has so much potential. And there is/can be life in FS's performances, but that life seems to be sucked out when he's in scenes with CM's Will. Honestly, the same goes for CM in relation to lack of life in scenes with FS. Maybe with the upcoming BTS changes in 2014, Sonny will reach his full potential.

Bravo to Adrianne saying though she regrets the way she handled the video situation - i.e. not trusting Justin - she's not sorry for protecting her son. Loved that Adrianne was the one to walk away from Justin in the Park.

LOL at Victors derision of Justin and Brady, and saying Aadrianne was the only one [outside of himself] acting like a Kiriakis man. He has the best snarky retorts.

• Members

I've only watched up to Thursday but I have to agree. Tuesday was particularly awful whilst Thursday was wonderful.

Kristen vs. Nicole on thursday was a great treat but as much as I love Nicole, she seems kind of lightweight compared to Kristen. I guess it is because she is willing to get down and dirty with Kristen but doesn't have the ammo or cray-cray of Kristen. Marlena, on the other hand, uses her airs and graces as a weapon to look down upon Kristen and it works so well to unhinge Kristen.

On thursday, Chad/Abby/Cameron were actually entertaining and endearing for once. I can't figure out what made them endearing, other than Melissa Salmons writing the script.

Kayla and Adrienne having it out was a great beat to that story.

From Wednesday, I gotta say that I really love JJ and Theresa as independent characters. I hope they delve more into why Theresa has a particularly nasty streak - what is making her act out? I think it's really clear why JJ is acting the way he is, Theresa is a mystery. I also quite like Bev, but she is a tad obsessive with JJ and we can see where this is going (I'm guessing Theresa in a cage? lol, just kidding :P)

The show needs to move Kate out of Rafe's SL.

• Members

Back in the 90's, Salem had an international airport with direct flights to Paris, L.A. etc. as well as major train station (they even had a set for this sometimes). Nowadays, Salem is generally a hop, skip and a jump to Chicago. Clearly the recession has been ravaging :P

I also lol'd at Theresa thinking she would scalp the tickets.

• Members

Tuesday was NOT a very good episode. I barely remember Wednesday's at this point so ... I guess that says that.

I agree, notice how the quality of episodes improve when Daniel isn't on?

Thursday was pretty good. I liked all of the interactions. Kristen and Nicole were fantastic as always. Kristen literally chomping at Nicole was awesome. Great scenes.

I also like that we're finally seeing Eric's jealousy even if they aren't 'telling us' it's his being jealous, which it is.

Marlena going after Kristen and vice versa today was fantastic as well. Deidre looks great.

Oh. I do want to complain. I appreciated the fact that Maggie and Will shared scenes (despite the fact that Maggie is an annoying harpy shrew now) but WHY were they not with his grandmother Marlena? Seriously? Anyway ...

Some general comments ....

- I like how Will always wants to take the blame for everyone. It's sometimes a bit annoying but I think it's a nice character trait for him, considering his parents.

- Sonny visiting Sami was different and I liked their scenes. I also liked how Sonny approached Adrienne and consoled her. Fantastic scenes. Judi Evans had ME nearly in tears. Honestly. She totally sold me. I love her. Give this woman an Emmy, NOW.

- I am SO here for Jeannie Theresa and Anne. I loved Theresa going after Jennifer.

- Kayla being used is wonderful. I hope they keep it up. I appreciate how the show is actually using their supporting/recurring players (ditto again for how Justin/Adrienne are being used now too, I just want that out there as much as possible).

Overall, I love the character interactions, and we had some much needed and different interactions this week.

Oh. NOT here for Kate/Rafe. Even though I sort of wanted to like their scenes with her not wanting to leave his side.

And, I could be here for Nick/Theresa but man the girl is a bitch. I sort of like it. LOL. I liked her scenes with Caroline.

• Members

Marlena and Kristen's scenes today were glorious. As was Justin and Adrienne. Great work from the vets

Justin quitting Sami's case a couple of weeks ago, was a perfect time to bring none other than......

Carrie back! Imagine if she just strolled up in the jail cell, here to defend Sami. The two of course would have fought and argued but EJ would tell Sami that Justin was their best bet as no other lawyer in town wants to touch this case bc she lied and the evidence against her. Carrie tells Sami she wants to help her to atone for getting involved with Rafe and hurting her.

That would have been the perfect setup to get her back in town. While here, they'd play up she and Rafe again and have her a bonafide enemy of Kate who wants her gone. They could leave her child with Austin and have her announce they are separated and likely going to get a divorce. I don't think she even needs to stay in town. This could be a short term visit for the duration of Sami's current storyline.

On a related note, why hasn't Sami or EJ brought up the prospect of getting married sooner rather than later? He knows too much about her secrets and can be forced to testify. If they get married, then they at least don't have to worry about the prosecution using him. Considering they are already engaged, they should just go ahead and tie the knot

Archived