DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thursday was a much better episode - Janet Iacobuzio surprisingly.

Eileen Davidson slayed me in her scenes with the little girl, I don't think anyone on soaps comes close to her brilliance.

Brady said Madison had a sense of humor? Really? I don't recall that - what I recall is that everyone was personality free during MarDar's reign of terror, which by definition excludes humor. Does anyone have a clip of Madison being funny? Anywho, I really like that the show is marking the anniversary of the explosions.

James Eckhouse plays the judge presiding over Melinda and Justin the same way he handled Brenda and Brandon having a fight on Beverly Hills 90210 lol.

I friggin' love that Sami got denied bail again.

Rafe is such an energy vampire type of character. The sex must of been great for Kate to be sticking around. I don't think Maxine is a Rafe fan, but she pimps Dannifer, so it's hardly an endorsement of good judgement. And we got to see Jordan almost interact with Rafe before EJ came sashaying into the room screaming "drama drama!" (ok, so I'm embelishing, but stacks up to the same total)

Marge Bernardi potentially not as unaware of her husband's activities as she proclaims? The thought had crossed my mind - this beat to the story has me perked up.

I'm glad Days at least attempted a drug store set, but what a poor attempt at it...

• Members

I had to LOL at the drug store set but at least they tried. I see that set's blue too, wasn't it just a darker blue (I was too busy analzying the product on the shelves and noticing the glaring WOMEN'S RESTROOM right behind them)?

I dunno. I always end with such mixed feelings towards Rafe. Must depend on the script writer because some days I enjoy him and don't mind and other days he drives me nuts and I hate him.

Kate needs to stop mothering him. It's starting to be creepy and not sweet. She's WAY too involved, but that's Kate.

Madison was hardly funny and no one having a personality during MarDar is pretty spot on. Sucks too because I wanted them to work. Mostly because we ended up losing Jack and Carrie, which writers never seem to want to invest in anymore. I was meh to Austin, though I couldn't believe folks clamoring for Austin Peck. Both of them were awful actors. I'd still take Muldoon over Peck, who just seems creepy to me now. He had improved, I guess, and it would have worked a bit better for the Abby story.

Anyway ... Janet I. has started to step it up a bit. Kristen and the little girl on Thursday were fantastic.

• Members

I think the walls were cream/beige.

Good point about Rafe - the writing does vary from day to day in terms of his likeability. I was actually enjoying him leading up to the attack/coma, but he has regressed a lot since. That being said, I did enjoy his fight with EJ on Friday.

Friday had some excellent scenes despite the heavy Dannifer pimping going on. I'm going to believe for my own sanity that Nicole going on about Dannifer is motivated more by her dislike of JJ than Dannifer themselves (well I can tell myself that anyway).

I thought the show was too light on Jack memories. However I think combined with the Dannifer pimping, it was insulting to Jack fans, as opposed to Jack himself. Not a major Jack fan myself, so I don't care, but I totes see their point...

Sami/Kate scenes were great. Koslow makes Sweeney bring her best game out.

Maggie/Eric scenes were nice. Maggie/Daniel scenes were not.

Jenny was on the ball today figuring out Brady is not the daddy. Thought it was a skipped beat that Kristen didn't ask Jen more about how she was doing today.

I initially hated the idea of Kristen being pregnant because miracle babies on this show are less than miraculous given their frequency. However now that I've warmed up to the idea, I really need the baby to live.

• Members

My thoughts on the week

1) First off, I've already said - but it's worth repeating. The Mon/Tue Donut Fiasco was AMAZING!! Who were the script/breakdown writers for those episodes?! Every part of it was amazing! Seeing Julie was amazing, seeing the Horton Kitchen (which I hope becomes a regular set) was amazing, Nocole's toast "To Alice"... every detail was perfect! Kudos to the Days team for that!

2) Loved that Days remembered the 1 year anniversary of the explosion. Good way to tie story in with history.

3) Justin/EJ scenes = Baller

4) Kate plus Sami working together = amazing! Please give these two more airtime together. They always have been gold together and always will be.

5) First impressions on Jordan: I think I might like her. As long as they introduce her slowly (which it at least seems like they are starting out) and connect her to the cast I think she could be a good addition.

6) Kristen's interaction with the little girl was very well written.

7) and the store.. it was kind of cheesy.. but honestly I thought it looked better than 2008-esque Guiding Light store.. I don't think I can ever remember Days showing a store, so I liked the diversity.. I agree with KMan, I was analyzing EVERY detail of the set and products in the store (please tell me that anytime a new set is shown that I'm not the only one who analyzes every detail of the set/props/etc.) haha

• Members

*Whewwf*, no more talk of Bernardi slicing off Rafe's hwang, please. Makes me light-headed and then I have to grab my own to reassure myself that it's still safely attached.

Well you don't need Jordan's glasses to see where this is going. I have to admit, CS is Clark Kenting me a little. If I didn't already know that she was the joining the show, I don't think I would have immediately recognized her. Her hair, makeup, everything is a lot softer. I didn't like it when they did it with Erica Kane, and I doubt that I'm going to like it when they do it with Kate, i.e., a sophisticated, grown ass woman in a rivalry with someone young enough to be her daughter.

Was Nicole ever enjoyable?

Oh Lord, this little girl and the pregnancy test...

• Members

Seriously WHY did Nicole feel the need to run to Daniel about Jennifer possibly being pregnant. Its NONE of her business nor Daniel's for that matter. Jen and Daniel broke up a couple of months ago (not counting those 5 minute reunions that people didn't know about. Its quite presumptuous of Nicole to just assume Daniel's the father and Jennifer telling her to back off should have been her first clue to stay out of it. Oh god I hate this character now when she used to be my favorite a year ago

The actress playing Sydney is awful! Can we recast her again?

F Daniel. Speaking on Jack's behalf, threatening JJ if he does anything to hurt Jennifer.

Theresa is a thirsty little ho, aint she?

tumblr_mrqv0zW2lE1rvnmtmo1_250.png tumblr_mrqv0zW2lE1rvnmtmo1_250.png tumblr_mrqv0zW2lE1rvnmtmo2_250.png

Her hair color looks really good here

• Members

^^ Jen Lilley is giving me Tiffani-Amber Theissen vibes circa the 90210 years in that second picture.

I haven't been posting as much on this thread as I have been lurking... but needless to say Days remains the first soap I watch and has been that way for several months now.

I love how a "filler" conversation between Eric and Vargas sets up both these men's characters (and possibly a new SL for Vargas?). Even though Vargas is a bad seed, I liked the friendly way he told Eric that he shouldn't feel bad about having failed to rehabilitate him. I also like how this put Father Eric in a very bad mood and made him question his ability to read people and actually do some good. It makes Eric relatable and human, and not just this saintly, untouchable priest.

Kristen gets a lot of scenes with little kids and I think it's to show that Kristen's reactions, especially when she lashes out, are like a kid's. Being in the DiMera bubble is like having arrested development. She relates to them in ways their parents can't, and that's way some (like Ciara) are drawn to her. It's like they feel they can confide in her.

Everybody hates Nicole. laugh.png Gotta defend her -- or more precisely, the way AZ plays her. I like that Zucker never chooses the easy "like me!" acting option when it comes to her character. She embraces the suspicious, mean, busybody side of Nicole -- not just the "bad girl trying to be good" side. It is characters like this that used to be the bread-and-butter of soaps back in the Harding Lemay, Bill Bell days. She's not just the pretty, put-upon former vixen, to some people she's a giant, pain-in-the-ass buttinsky. Julie was this character once upon a time, too.

I liked the scene between EJ and Sami in jail. I really do feel these two characters are so well-matched. Given this week's promo, the scene has a little added significance with its issues of trust and potential betrayal.

JJ is SUCH a great legacy character, especially when he put Theresa in her place. He's smart and isn't fooling himself about why she wants to see him.

The writers really have a handle on all the characters and their interconnecting stories. I wish Y&R cared enough to borrow their approach.

• Members

I know! I love me some Tiffani Amber Theissen as Valerie. She was the bad girl I rooted for 100% of the time. Everybody was so mean to her, especially Kelly! I wish we could have had Brenda on the show at the same time because Val vs. Brenda (and Theissen vs Shannen Doherty) would have been EPIC.

But you have to admit, in that second picture, with her hair tucked behind her ear and smiling like that, JL looks like she is channeling Tiffani.

Archived