DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just finished catching up on Wed-Fri. Loved Wednesday and Thursday, as it was Danifer and Sami free. Friday played them heavy, but David Cherrill wrote such a good script, it compensated for it.

Loved Marlena/Victor.

The club music and extras itself was lame, but I liked everything that played out there. Great to see all the characters mixing it up.

Theresa/Vargas was an interesting diversion but Hope/Vargas really sizzled. I am fascinated by Theresa - I find her so unwatered down by soap standards in her sheer nastiness, self-destruction and her unbridled care-less attitude. It's different to Kristen - ED makes the audience sympathetic to her character and the writing enables it, but Theresa is damaged goods and there's no manipulating the audience about it. It is inevtiable down the road that she will be reformed and her motivations for acting out will be made clear, but for now it is very refreshing.

Anne Millbauer wub.png I loved the JJ and Anne verbal smackdown.

I also like Melinda Trask - I hope the show finds a way to keep her on the canvas after this SL wraps up.

I want to like Maxine, but her incessant Dannifer pimping is ruining her, like Maggie, Nicole, Abby, Jennifer etc.

Chrishell Stause is beautiful, not much to say about Jordan yet.

Not sure how to feel about a Nabi redux - I liked them the first time around, but I'm not sure they should reunite after everything that went down.

Certain actors/characters on this show (primarily Sami, Rafe and Daniel) have the ability to suck out all enjoyment in what on paper should play out as good story.

• Members

Thoughts for the week:

1) Good cast interaction continued this week: Caroline/Sami, Kayla/Abby, Abe/Rafe, Will/JJ.. love the interaction.

2) I was a little disappointed in Vargas' turnaround.. but it did make really good story. I just feel there was a lot of potential with the actor.

3) I need to give props to the Days props people! The set/props people have been doing a really good job for over a year now. I LOVE the new club set.. but even aside from that over the past year + we've had some really good (some temporary) sets: Lexie's garden, the convention center and underground tunnels for the explosion, the cabin in May, Will/Sonny's apartment, brining in the Horton House kitchen) and now the new club.. It's been really refreshing. And the new club set looks really large! However, with Common Grounds gone.. we do need a coffeeshop on set... maybe we can get back Java Cafe? Now if only we could get rid of the blue room :)

4) Victor + Marlena = beautiful. Thank you writers :)

5) I appreciate how the writers respected the shows history this week and had Kristen mention she used to be a social worker.

6) Seeing Henderson and Harold this week was great.. I agree with what someone said earlier.. I love when Days remembers them. They add a lot to the show (especially Henderson.. who has been on the show since I started watching in 1996)

7) I will say it again.. Please give the character of T a contract! He is a great character, played by a great actor who is already connected on canvas and who we have a long standing history with. His small little interaction with Kate this week was awesome and proves how connected to the cast he already is

8) I dont' comment on hair and wardrobe often.. but Hope's hair on Thurs/Fri was beautiful. KA is a beautiful woman.

9) Best part of the week: Finally getting an Anne/JJ moment!! Classic!! I love it! I really want to see these scheme to bring down Dan.. also loved the nurse's response who actually used the term "Danifer" ... I thought "wait am I on the boards right now or watching Days" haha. loved it! I feel like the writers recognized us.. Also, I lol'ed when I heard it read outloud in Jennifer's letter Daniel's "warmth and caring attitude for his patients." hahaha. That comment speaks enough for itself.

• Members

I just caught up with this week's shows. I finally got JJ/Anne scenes! But I really wanted them to spew Daniel hate all over the place and instead we just got JJ defending his boring mother. Oh well. I'm still glad they met!

Kristen's hair looked TERRIBLE at the club. That was downright hideous.

Vargas. Sigh. Why are they doing this? He had so much potential.

I really like Theresa.

The Abby triangle is so boring! I feel like it's been going on forever. Can she just pick someone please? I don't even care which guy.

I loved everything with T this week. He's a lot of fun.

I can't believe the word "Dannifer" was actually spoken on the show. Puke.

I am BORED with the Sami story now. It was really good for awhile but now I just start zoning out whenever she or EJ come on screen.

LOL - I love this.

Archived