DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Its really too bad there wasn't a follow up scene after the high blondies left. I would have loved to have seen Theresa run into Kayla and notice something was off. After Kayla leaves, Theresa wonders to herself "Could she have...tonight? Nah" and shrugged it off. That would have been perfect as it would have came after Kayla went in on her earlier. Wish Maggie and Caroline were at the book club!

Phew! I thought Jennifer and Daniel got back together toady but good thing it was just s fantasy.

tumblr_mrj4gz4cUG1r9c8mno1_250.giftumblr_mrj4gz4cUG1r9c8mno2_250.gif

Yay, someone gif'd this

Im still convinced

As for Kristen,

I hope they leave it open ended

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't let this wait for my end of the week thoughts.. I've only seen Mon/Tue episodes so far but Jennifer's book club was EPIC!! I can not remember the last time I laughed out loud so hard at Days. I was literally laughing out loud watching the entire episode!! Kayla and the tacos, Jennifer's response to Nicole of the bathroom being in the "same place it was when you lived here," schitzu, Julie's handcuffs and "cruising", Jennifer's blue paper clip, Hope's reaction to talking to Julie, and JJ realizing the mistake he made.. it was amazing. Great job by the writing staff AND the actors too who pulled that off!!!

• Members

LNJmDrA.jpg?1?3742

Why was her dress so short? How inappropriate for a hearing. I have to say I love EJ's love for Sami. He's been great for her throughout this ordeal and love how devoted he is to freeing her for their family.

Peter mention! So didn't expect to see Kristen talk about her birth family. From her interactions with Ciara, Johnny and this girl, she is really great with kids. I hope she gets her miracle

TCTNe50.jpg?1

The extra from today looks like the guy on OWN's Tyler Perry comedy

Madison mention today. God what a waste of a character. She started off so good too. Today also acknowledged that its been a year since Jack died. Im glad for that and cant wait to see how his family reflect on that

XKj3XsR.jpg?1

FINALLY! She makes her LONG awaited debut

• Members

I agree, he's been perfect for her and she finally knows what it's like to be loved completely for who you are, not just when you are "the good girl" or "the good little wife." His sincere and earnest acceptance of who she is, is genuinely refreshing. That being said I would be content for a year or so more of this and then have EJ die, so Sami can feel what it's like to have the one person who would stand by you threw everything taken away from you forever. I think that would be great soap. I think she needs to have a Greenlee moment and although James Scott continues to amazing, I feel like EJ is starting to get tiring now that he has everything he has ever wanted (which is Sami). Still I'd like for them to be happy for like a year or two before the anvil drops.

• Members

I agree "Skin" I would like to see EJ and Sami be happy for a while and be in the "honeymoon" phase.. I think instead of having EJ really die though - have it appear that he "dies" where Sami and all of Salem thinks EJ is dead.. but we, the audience, sees that EJ is really being held hostage by his father for taking away the DiMera empire. Stefano will get revenge and he is holding EJ hostage locked up somewhere in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. For months there are a lot of near-misses where Sami (or someone else in Salem) ALMOST stumbles upon EJ or some clue to his whereabouts, but they don't quite make it. EJ could have two or three ALMOST escapes from the cabin. This could give us good suspenseful story for at least 4-6months. Back in Salem, we see Sami truly grieve for the "loss" of her love. Ali would ROCK that material of EJ's funeral with Marge coming back to tell Sami "Now you know what it's like to lose the man you love." Stefano could even have a TV set up in the cabin wired to St. Luke's where EJ has to watch his own funeral while he is tied up in the cabin ( So JER-esque ) haha. Finally, after months of near-misses and near-esacpes Nicole is the one who puts the pieces together and decides go out to the cabin to do some investigation of her own. While out there, Stefano (or one of Stefano's goons, if Joe M couldn't appear in this many episodes) realize Nicole is on their trail and they kidnap her too. Much to Nicole's surprise, when she wakes up she is handcuffed to a bed and blindfolded but hears a familiar voice.. EJ?!?! He is able to get the blindfold off.. and now they are BOTH trapped in this cabin with the TV camera feed of the Salemites who by now know that Nicole has been kidnapped and are on the search to find her. Everyone in Salem is on a city wide search to find Nicole. Sami and Lucas scheme together (YESS!) to go on the hunt.. by now Sami is CERTAIN that EJ has to be alive.. but Lucas reassures her that it can't be. Sami is determined! Lucas and Sami go out on their own (even though Sami is supposed to have a police guard with her at all times after Nicole's kidnapping her her being a possible target). Lucas helps Sami escape from her police guard and the two make it out to the cabin.. after a fight with one of Stefano's goons and a gas leak in the cabin bathroom that leaves Nicole unconscious (But EJ is in the bedroom and unaffected, however he is handcuffed and can't get to Nicole to help) Sami and Lucas break in the cabin just in time as EJ is beginning to feel the effects of the gas leak. Sami sees for the first time that EJ really is alive after 6 months. (Again, Ali and James would ROCK this) and Lucas attempts to get an unconscious Nicole out of the bathroom, but one of the goons knocks him unconscious. Sami and EJ (who is now un-cuffed) fight the goon and EJ drags Lucas out, while Sami is left to drag Nicole's unconscious body out of the cabin (with some comedic humor of course :) The goon gets locked in the bathroom by Sami on her way out (where the gas is still leaking) to meet his fate, and Sami and EJ are reuninted... Sorry this is a huge long rant but I think it would make amazing story and I think it could be done within the Days budget.. the only extra set really needed would be the cabin and of course it would be a lot of airtime for Sami and EJ - and maybe a little bit extra airtime for Stefano and Lucas... but totally within reason.

• Members

How lame that they skipped Jack's memorial ceremony in the park! WOW, Abigail is a treacherous, disloyal bitch! Its the one year anniversary of Jack's death. They just come from a memorial ceremony from him and she's trying to play matchmaker for Daniel and Jen bc "mom needs him" WTF?! Did she really have to say this to JJ? I wanted to smack her when she said he needs to get over himself. Jennifer needs her kids, not Daniel on this day. The nerve of her to do this of all days

Daniel says he thinks Parker was worried before. Maggie asks about his dad and Daniel responds: "I think he misses Jennifer" WTF? I thought he was going to follow up with he misses Chloe. Speaking of which, did anyone else notice the mess up in continuity. Daniel spends most of the episode in the K mansion in a red shirt, and then in the middle of the episode, he's randomly at the hospital in scrub. In the very next segment, he's back at the K mansion in that red shirt playing with Parker

LMAO when Sami and Kate realized that Bernardi was trying to chop Rafe's d--k off

I didn't think of this before but how come Kristen wasn't invited to the book club? She is Jennifer's BFF. Not that I would have expected her to join but it would have been nice if it was brought up.

Also why are their so many damn blondes on this show? I noticed the number at the book club but they didn't even have all of them there

Jennifer

Julie

Kayla

Adrienne

Nicole

Kristen

Sami

Marlena

Abigail

That's such a large number

ccRiiu1.jpg?1

Maggie's hair and makeup was a mess. She looks like a 70 year old drag queen

• Members

Maggie looked awful today.

Ugh at Abigail today. There was such promise too in the beginning of the episode with her closeness with JJ coming through finally. I hate they have her prop Daniel. Jennifer "needs" him? Yuck. And a big 'yea right' to Parker 'missing Jennifer'. GMAFB. Didn't the kid hate her initially? I hate Dannifer so very much.

At least they remembered to include Adrienne and Sonny for the Jack memorial (rather would have seen them instead of Maggie and Daniel).

Kristen being preggers. I totally saw it coming. I love it. Eileen Davidson is soooo good. I'm going to miss her.

Rafe/EJ was sort of fun. I'm ready to see more of Jordan but I guess they're going to ease her in. I hope she can last and not become suckage like several before her (Taylor, Madison ...).

Kate/Sami figuring out Stefano sent Bernardi to chop off Rafe's ... lol, it's all so insane. I sort of love it. Stefano wanting it chopped is cruel and that's how Stefano should be to his enemies. At least Stefano is somewhat doing things again, though he's nowhere near where I'd like him to be.

OK episode, I enjoyed the dialogue and found myself laughing quite a bit. But in a good way. Not like I laugh at GH sometimes.

• Members

Getting caught up now, I found it odd that Jennifer introduced Julie as Hope's step mom instead of her sister..Yes I know she's both, but I know if my bro was also my step dad I'd prefer our blood relation be how we're introduced. Hell you have Brady calling Sami/Eric his sister and brother every other scene these days.

• Members

Omg the book club scenes were some of the best scenes I've seen on DAYS in ages. Absolutely hilarious. Like seriously LOL funny. Omg I need this to happen again. I love that Julie actually hates the cruises. The handcuffs, the sexual innuendos,just all of it.

Nicole to JJ: Are you in the book club too? Why doesn't anyone tell me anything?

I swear all of the actresses in those scenes have been high many a time in their lives, that was just way too perfect. I honestly wish we could've somehow gotten Kate and Marlena in those scenes. Dee Hall is excellent at comedy.

I'm so over the Kate/Stefano animosity.

• Members

Catching up on Wed-Fri now. Wednesday was a chore to watch, such a damn shame after Tuesday's greatness. Dannifer make everything shitastic, but the script form Carolyn Culliton didn't help either.

Will is so boring when he is insecure. I feel like Sonny and Will have had this conversation about Brent a zillion times already. Was it just me, or was the actor playing Brent deliberately trying to "gay" up his voice? - how insulting.

Nathan Owens is so monotone, dude just needs to take off his shirt and be done with it. He drags Camilla and Casey down to his level of boring.

I thought Daniel was going to confess his love for Eric in his 1-1 with him.

Minor bright spots were JJ & Abby having breakfast together in the Horton kitchen and Kristen as usual.

Archived