DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO at Threresa's outburst and telling Jennie that she hates her bc she doent have a man in her life and every day that she wasnt getting any, she's made it worse on Theresa. LOL at Anne changing her opinion on Teresa after seeing her go off on Jennie. "Now that Ive seen you in action, I can say unequivocally that you are exactly the type of assistant, Jennifer Horton needs" :lol:

Loved Marge today. Sami's ridiculous thinking Marge was going to kill her today in that cell. Loved Marge's line about "not all women carry guns in their purses"

Jen and Daniel are back together. Anyone want to take guesses on how long till they break up again?

• Members

I caught a glimpse of DAYS the other day, maybe for the first time in my life. I was amazed at how many characters were in one single episode. It reminded me of old-days Y&R when a new storyline would pop in the midst of an episode.

I loved how they used the music. Very intriguing. On the other hand, the lighting was just too bright.

I kinda liked some of the stories, but found myself fast forwarding during others. That Daniel (? David?) guy for example. Or the brain tumor thing. I just think DAYS should be a guilty pleasure. I didn't tune in to hear about brain tumors and such, even if it's going to be a plot gimmick, I don't know.

I've always had a crush on Greg Vaughn.

Loved Eileen Davidson.

I'll keep following this thread, your comments are very interesting.

• Members

I think this is something of a soap myth--a bit like that writers continue to get royalties for every character they create (I believe Anthony Geary even recently said this and it was fairly soundly shot down.) While, perhaps both cases were true at one time, I'm pretty sure they simply aren't anymore. The show owns the material they took for the show--flashbacks, publicity photos, etc.

• Members

Thanks Eric! That does make sense. I guess I had just assumed DAYS had worked out agreements for payment for actors like Frances Reid, Mac Carey, John Clarke, etc who we see pictures of frequently. I guess the reason they don't take advantage of old pictures/flashbacks, etc of characters who are no longer on screen is it serves as a reminder of that specific character/specific actor, etc..

• Members

Catching up on late last week, I'm on Thursday:

1:30 in and ALREADY someone wants to talk to Jenny about Daniel. Good God! I think I'd actually change my number and put myself on exile on Smith Island if my friends and family were so freaking obsessed.

• Members

So Jennie likes it on top? The only thing I like about Dan is that he is hairy--but I seem to be in the minority on here about that. I always thought Days, even more so than most soaps, insisted guys wax.

I have never paid too much attention to Jennifer scenes without JJ, but thanks to this forum now I literally laugh out loud every time she makes some excuse for why she's not at work. Apparently today she didn't have to work in the morning, simply so she could have sex. I want her job... (and she won an award!)

• Members

Jennifer left work so she could go have sex with Daniel and she plans on going back later? UNBELIEVABLE! She's left her job at least 3 times during this work day and she's spent a total of 15 minutes there.

g5GNUzz.jpg

Kristen's dress was amazing! Loved it. LMAO at that portrait of EJ/Sami in the background

Dang Teresa was awful today. I thought she and Nick were a surprise but something I could get behind. Man was she a bitch and showed a side to herself that wasn't likeable at all. Had to LMAO at her line about wondering if everyone in town was related when she realized JJ and Nick were cousins. Girl doesn't even realize that Nick used to date her cousin

tanisha-eye-roll.gif

• Members

That's what annoys me most about Jenny. She gives Theresa a hard time about work ethic and she is never there to actually work and wins an award to top it off.

This is a really odd situation, the writers are fully aware of Jenny's antics with work as they have Anne point it out and it isn't half obvious anyway, do the writers dislike Jenny? Makes me wonder.

Archived