DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

So I'm finally all caught up with this week's episodes. The scene of the nurses orgasming over photos of shirtless Daniel was SO ridiculous. WTF was that? And now they're throwing Theresa at his nasty ass. GTFO.

Anne was so great this week. LMAO, Jennifer NEVER works.

Loved the JJ/Nicole scenes. I was excited to see JJ and Lucas but their scenes didn't amount to much. I want more of them.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thoughts for the week!

1) Awesome scenes with Chad this week! Awesome Chad/Abby scenes. Chad/Stefano was good, and Chad/Cameron where Cameron was telling him about his CT scan were really good by both actors. However, I will say this. I will NOT be happy if they kill of Chad via a brain tumor. I guess it makes sense there could be a genetic link.. but Chad is a really good character! He is connected on the canvas, and as much as I like Casey Diedrick.. the character of Chad is TOTALLY recastable. They just need to find a dark haired tall slim guy who can play badass and make sure he has chemistry with Kate Mansi.

2) There was a picture of Bo (Peter Reckell) in Hope's office this week. First off, doesn't the show have to pay royalties to PR for using his picture? (Can someone clarify that?) and second of all - showing us pictures of Bo only makes it EVEN MORE glaringly obvious how awkaward his "dissapearance" is. Usually they want us to forget about a character once the actor leaves. I will keep saying it until we get resolution. Bo's absence HAS to be addressed. I'm really hoping that a "mystery" storyline this fall/winter and Kim's return in November will give us some answers regarding Bo. Sidenote: I TOTALLY love what Jamie from daytime confidential says about Ciara having Bo locked up in the basement and have Ciara go psycho "But he cheated on you will Billie mommy!" We know Ciara can play devil-child :)

3) The Sami stuff was good. I like the courtroom set. Will/Sami scenes were really good.

4) It was great seeing Blake Berris more this week. I really hope he stays with the show! If he stays for longer-term they really need to step him up to a more leading role. He totally has the acting chops for it.

5) LOVED seeing Kate/Stefano scenes this week. With their history, I love seeing them in scenes together.

6) Totally random: I love the blue light behind the countertop in Will/Sonny's apartement. It looks really good. The people in charge of set design and decoration have really been doing better here recently with new sets (now, if we could only get rid of the "blue room" that serves as the office for Kayla, Jenn, Hope... half of Salem).

7) I also really like the Salem High set, but can please at least hire one or two 18 year olds to be extras? I know the budget is tight.. but just 2 or 3 extras.. it's odd seeing a high school with no kids.

8) Please do not waste a character like Teresa with so much potential to have her fall for Dan. The last thing we need is Dan ruining YET ANOTHER true Salemite. He's slept with over half the women in Salem. It's time for him to go.

9) LOVED LOVED Lucas/Sami scenes. BD is amazing! He looks better now than he did 10 years ago. It is SUCH a waste that a character like Dan is leading story and a character like Lucas, who most of care MUCH more about and whose last name is HORTON is on recurring to prop Sami/Will.. so sad. I want to seeLucas so much more than he is on now.

10) Loved the Lucas/JJ scenes... its slowly getting there - but can we PLEASE get just ONE SCENE of JJ/Lucas/Anne all conspiring together! I would look forward to that almost as much as the Horton Christmas Ornament hanging!!

11) Lastly, best part of the week.... SUSAN BANKS!! I thought I would never see ED on Days again, much less Susan. It was beautiful! I hope that in whatever scenes ED has between now and November, that Susan is in alot of them!!

• Members

Also, got caught up with the rest of the week.

I don't think Theresa will fall in love with Dan in the Chelsea-Kate-Chloe-Nicole-Jennifer type of way. I just think she wants to !@#$%^&*] his brains out - she knows what he is good for, unlike the others who think he is relationship material lol.

Also liked the JJ/Nicole scenes. Casey Moss kept his own against Zuker, that's impressive for a newbie. I hope they have them locked down into 10 year contract :P

In general, I really like the additions of Theresa and JJ. Since the rest of the younger scene are all do-gooders in heavy SLs, these less than perfect ones add some breadth to the canvas.

Anne Milbauer wub.png

Everytime they don't put makeup on AS, she reminds me of Charlize Theron playing Aileen Wuornos.

Not enough Kristen this week.

• Members

Its summer. I thought about this at first but its not odd that there arent many kids around. Remember that JJ is making up for a semester he missed and most kids wont be at Salem High during the summer. With that being said, Im surprised they even bothered to showcase the set. Now come September if its the same situation, then there will be more reason for concer

Archived