DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

^^^^you weren't rivetted by the Dannifer breakup scene? If they keep doing it over and over, just one of these performances will eventually get them Emmy nominated. They've had enough times to practive and perfect it by now

I hate the Nicole and JJ stuff. She is too damn old to be mixxing it up with this kid and getting involved in his business. So what if he's hanging out with his friends..whats it to her? She is coming across like an old annoying busybody. She needs to STFU and butt out.

LOVE that Sami was completely honest with EJ as I thought she was going to lie. They are perfect for each other and this is the best writing they've received. So dynamic and the actors come alive. They started out the episode yelling at each other and there was anger but through it all you could see that it was breaking Sami's heart and that she didnt want to hurt him bc she does love him and he saw and understood that as well. The writing and acting was so good here and I like that they are so dynamic and arent stale.

tumblr_mscyy649Vf1rtrgefo2_250.giftumblr_mscyy649Vf1rtrgefo3_250.gif

Sonny also needs to STFU. I dont get why he thinks he has a say in what Gabi does with HER baby. Sit down. You are Will's b-tch, not the kid's parent. Only Will and Gabi should have a say in if she can bring Nick around the baby or not and frankly if Gabi wants to get back together with him, they just have to deal with it

tumblr_mse62tG7Wi1r9c8mno1_250.giftumblr_mse62tG7Wi1r9c8mno2_250.gif

Love Kristen's outfit the last few days

tumblr_msbtncnats1qiz02io1_500.png

Just saw that on tUMBLR. she looks like julianne moore!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thursday was largely utter crap. Friday was a great episode.

I was really impressed with Kate Mansi's performance when Abby was being dumped by Cameron. Needless to say, she will also bolt when her contract is done (next year I assume?)

ED seems slightly less vibrant and dynamic in her portrayal as Kristen. I think this is the workload taking it's toll on her performances - I understand why she needed a break.

I loved the face pat.

I don't know if she is ruined, but she is definitely not fun anymore. I get that the character needs a breather to be regrouped/reformed in order to remain relevant, believable and sustainable to still be on canvas because she has done some really terrible things (even if I rooted for her in doing those things lol). Part of me thinks that the longer she tries to do good by Eric and greater Salem, the more epic the fall when she inevitably screws it all up again.

She is a lame loser in the sense that all the "self-improvement" she has undertaken is superficial and meaningless, they're just actions prompted by the desire to be liked, which links in to her real issues of low self-esteem, the ensuing daddy issues and need for (superficial) affirmation from men. What she needs is heavy psychotherapy.

• Members

I thought the scenes were good but I took it as the end of Ejami (this round anyway). If EJ is written to character, there is no way he won't make Sami pay for this near betrayal. I think his plan is to get her acquitted and then make her pay. He doesn't forget about this stuff, well at least in the past. I don't know, maybe he will let it slide because she didn't actually do it?

The other brilliant thing about these scenes was that it re-affirmed what we always knew: Sami loves Sami. More than she could ever love EJ, Rafe, Lucas, Austin, Brandon, Franco....

• Members

This may have something to do with the fact that I'm a new viewer and I don't have longstanding allegiances to particular characters nor do I know much of their histories, BUT... I think the writers do a really nice job of presenting each character's point of view in given situations. This is something new for me as the "right" and "wrong" have usually been pretty clear cut in my prior soap viewing. There have been arguments between Gabi, Will, and Sonny and J.J., Jennifer, and Daniel where I genuinely sided all the while disagreed with all parties involved. It really makes for interesting viewing for me and not to sound corny but it's drama that honestly makes me think.

I thought that twist of wildly in love Sami and E.J. both ready to turn on the other to save their own asses was so unexpected and brilliant.

• Members

I got my Days fix yesterday and re-watched the final weeks of Dena Higley and the opening of the town square. I was wonder who would have been better to bring back other than Marlena, John, Austin, Carrie, and Jack? I was thinking more Hortons, like Bill or Marie, or both, and then weaved Tommy into story.

• Members

Gabi's jigglin' booty actually made those awful pants work. Wow, I missed that she and Nick had sex last week. When did that happen? And doesn't she have a bedroom or does she sleep on the sofa like Michael and J.J.? I'm really curious to see what Nick is up to writing that fake profile.

Kristen was hilarious today. She reminds me of Meryl Streep in one of her comedies like She-Devil or Death Becomes Her. "Harold, why don't you just retire already..." Marlena and that ridiculous coughing fit and Kristen sitting back watching her own sex tape also cracked me up.

• Members

Sami and EJ have kinda been willing to do this before.... (At least from my limited viewing it's pretty expected, actually.)

I agree about the multiple pointsof view, and really appreciate that. I do think soap writing at its best *has* largely done this (sure Agnes Nixon had her campy villains but under her even Janet was sympathetic to a point.)

I missed some of last week but I believe the Nick/Gabi sex was off screen--the condom was meant to be a surprise.

• Members

Haha, I have to say, I was a bit surprised that they used protection. I'm glad that the show was being responsible for younger viewers, but in the real world... I dunno, I think randomly falling into bed with your ex who you were sleeping with not that long ago, there's a very good chance that a condom would not be used. Then again, I'm assuming that Gabi is on the pill, which I guess I shouldn't.

• Members

I assume not--she didn't give birth that long ago and after Will maybe is extra careful. I admit it drives me crazy how soap characters still rarely use protection. I wonder if Kristen did with Eric--because I'd be worried about him catching a thing or two.... Oh wait, she didn't right cuz she's probably pregnant?

• Members

Right. A few weeks ago, Cheap mentioned a freeze frame that she didn't get the significance of and I didn't know of a delicate way to put it but to me it looked like they were showing in the best daytime way they can that Brady made a deposit in Kristen's bank. To me that was setting up the question of whether Eric or Brady impregnated her. I miss episodes here and there so I'm still confused. I thought the pregnancy test was negative, but then today she was scolding herself for drinking alcohol and counting back the weeks again.

• Members

I just realized that DAYS is still off from the pre-emption of Boston Marathon when Nicole said something about Kristen wearing white before Labor Day. Regarding Kristen and Brady sleeping together when was the last time that would sync with her sleeping with Eric? I know DAYS stretches out days for weeks, but does any one a "DAYS" calendar? I'm just curious.

Archived