GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He looked 30 when he was playing a 17 year old on AMC.

Knowing that JG likes him just makes me happier I don't.

He actually does look better with the shaved head, as Vee mentioned.

He looks like David Morse, which isn't bad at all.

And there's no douchebag facial hair either.

• Members

I think that's what makes me stand in place with this story. I don't care about either one of them because I think neither are worthy of Patrick's affections. It's great that Britt's a slut who spreads her legs for a lonely widower, but that doesn't make me "ship" them as a couple. As for Sabrina, it's great that she's good with Emma and is active in resurrecting the Nurses' Ball... but that doesn't make me want Patrick with her, either. I just feel dislike for both random characters and find it interesting that across the internet, twitter, etc. people are picking sides.

And that's which character this storyline should've went to. Elizabeth. I would think that the better story would be Britt's after Patrick, Patrick's into Liz, Liz is "into" Emma because she views the little girl not only as a way to keep her friend, Robin, alive but also as a way to make up for losing Jake. She and Patrick confuse her devotion to the Scorpio-Drake family for romance and blah, blah, blah... figure it out from there. At least, with that "triangle," there would be several years of history to draw from with Liz, Robin and Patrick being friends.

However, to me, it seems like they're totally forgetting that Liz and Patrick are friends. Valentini has even said he feels that Liz and Patrick are like brother and sister, so I beg the question, why hasn't that been played up more?

• Members

I can't say that I even think it's in character for Liz to like her very much. Then again I think Liz was misplaced as a character long ago and mostly hangs on by her fingernails/heavy fan support based on years gone by (which you don't get too often on soaps these days, so kudos to Becky Herbst).

• Members

I think the dislike of Sabrina is that it's so heavy handed in how they're writing her. I expect to see a halo over her head whenever she's onscreen.

WHat makes alot of people dislike her as well is that it should be Liz doing the Nurse's Ball stuff, getting the funding and whatnot given she and Robin are friends and she's been part of the NB in the past

• Members

She is annoying and not on Patrick's level and watching her pine after Patrick for the past 4 months has been nauseating. The fantasies, the "misunderstandings" when he asked if she is busy that night, the fact that she is really only reviving the Nurses' Ball to get into Patrick's good graces (I really don't believe she gives two sh-ts about honoring Robin)

This too... lol

• Members

I like Felix and Sabrina. I don't view Sabrina as a real contender for Patrick, it's just a crush which is a very old school soap story. I just wish they'd start developing her beyond Patrick. I also love Britt and think collectively, these three have breathed so much life into the show. We need new characters and these are finally interesting characters at the hospital, which is needed. We just need better leading men and the show would be set. I LURVE Britt who is an old school soap vixen who gives zero fcuks!

• Members

I don't HATE Sabrina. I just dislike how they're writing her. She looks 12. The writing IS predictable and I also expect a halo and angels to sing everytime Sabrina is on. Seriously. If they just ... wrote normally for her, I think she'd work and be fine. I don't mind Felix at all because I don't see the heavy handed writing for him. I'm liking Britt because I feel like they're writing her a little better finally and not just some bitch caricature. My problems with the storyline were how they were all just planted there and we were expected to care and they're writing Sabrina to be this amazing wonderful thing when they should just write her and let us REALIZE she's all those things (or not). But the storyline's starting to work for me.

• Members

I got the impression that this was a possibility but after people freaked the fcuk out over Liz switching Danny's results for 0.5 seconds, they decided to back off on the idea. They claimed to want to redeem the destruction Liz and her obsession with Jason and in general, bring her out of the man-centric storylines. It's worked to a certain degree, mostly by backburning her and giving her supporting stuff in the Nurses Ball story. Pairing her with AJ, someone who also is undergoing a redemptive arc, might be a plus as well.

Archived