Y&R: January 2013

• Members

Am I the only one who thought that maybe Josh Griffith was going to have Kyle and Phyllis possibly share a ONS, during Jack's fight with addiction? Seriously it the only logical reason to explain Kyle's quick acceptance of Phyllis. Suddenly, watching today's show, I remember who's writing this show, and this would be too scandalous for JG's Y&R.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You weren't the only one-- I thought so as well, especially when I read some of the vague-ish spoilers that were floating around.

I think JG & co. may have changed their minds though. Perhaps they thought that Phyllis looks too old for Kyle but more likely it is because the actor who plays Kyle doesn't have the acting chops to pull it off, would be my guess.

When you think back to the 80s, when I started watching Y&R, this triangle was done before with Jack, Jill and John.

It was more convincing because Jill was the much younger wife of John Abbott and she was closer in age to Jack than John.

Also, back then Jack (played by Terry Lester, or as my Mother refers to him, her favorite Jacklaugh.png ) was convincing as a playboy, who couldn't resist the s-e-x. And as crazy as we all may think Brenda Dickson is today (oh, I've been lurking on this site for awhiletongue.png ), she was convincing as a temptress who could turn the head--even that of a loyal son who loved his Dad.

I'm thinking that if they were planning on this re-tread, someone may have (wisely) slammed the breaks on this, as they knew they had little chance of pulling it off.

• Members

I wish I had something to say about this soap. But all I remember about today's US episode is that Jack got the shakes and rehashed the whole "You dumped me for Nick" thing with Phyllis in his withdrawl stupor.

• Members
Did Phyllis ever get a verbal beatdown for that? I remember her going behind his back several times ready to leave him and he found out on his own. He confronted her but I'm not sure he ripped her a new one. Am I remembering this correctly?

YR is suddenly newbie central. We got the Latino cop, the 2 AA's, Adriana and now Dylan all in the span of a month with more to come knowing JFP. Sheesh!

Archived