Y&R: January 2013

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup and I remember rooting for her simply cause it irked me that she had to prop this lame couple. Then they brought in Angelina to be their obstacle but DD managed to make that character endearing and she ended up looking the most mature in the end. I swear having all 3 of these women clamoring for Kevin was ridiculous. TPTB love them some GR.

All I can say is GR loves this pairing and TPTB love him. Plus there's no other woman to pair Kevin with. Chloe has other options and EH definitely shows interest in other pairings. JG's lame Bonnie & Clyde plan for this couple won't help matters.

He's definitely un-sexy and the character is just tired. These silly hijinks stories of his got old years ago. As for EH, I dunno who to pair her with but Chloe needs to go back to being the stylish b!tch that worked at Jabot. For the love of God, do something with that hair also.

• Members

The whole effing problem is they never really EXPLORED the relationship, and resentment between Chloe and her mother. Hell, Kate Linder could use more screen time, there was all KINDS of emotional baggage to mine in that relationship, but they won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Why, I'll never know. Oh well... when I get upset, I just go to youtube and watch bits of real drama and good writing. Of course, you then realize just how far this show has fallen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Cp45p5gks

• Members

Oh yay Christel. Let's objectify women further on soaps -- and black women at that -- by doing a grody stripper SL. That is a really painful-looking camera angle BTW. Also: isn't stripping and whatnot against her "Crishtian" beliefs? I know my local priest wouldn't be particularly psyched if the young girls in his congregation turned to pole dancing.

Can you imagine the cringeworthy dialogue in a story like this? Neil and Leslie go to dinner and accidentally show up at the strip joint (they thought "strip" referred to a loin of beef), and Neil spots his princess grinding against a pole to some Nicki Minaj song?

Neil: OMG! Cover my eyes! My eyes! I'm scarred for life! Lily, we raised you better than this!

Lily: Like, OMG! You totally ruined my dance segment, daaaaaaaad!

Tyler (stuffs a $20 bill in Lily's g-string): Hey, girl. Gimme another private dance.

Neil: Does Cane know about this?!

Lily: I'm doing this FOR Cane, daddy. He has an incurable disease and this is, like, the only way to pay for it. That and selling Humphrey for his fur. Also, I am a grown WOMMIN making her own, like, choices! Stop treating me like a baby, daaaad! You're so old-fa-SHINNED.

blink.png

• Members

I had forgotten that ground-breaking exercise in character assassination. There was a point in the midst of doppelgangergate a few years later (specifically Sarah Smythe/Patty as Dr. Pee) when I wished Nina and Tyra would come back and we could have some relatively normal SLs.

Archived