Y&R: January 2013

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that Lane will die slowly if Tyler and Lily gets a semi decent following. And I can see that will happen already unless they make Tyler a stalker or something. Many people are shipping this none couple. Even to the point that they have added them to couple lists. I wouldn't be surprised if they are listed as a top couple in the next SOD Polls (as if those mean anything but you know how the super fans vote).

• Members

I love that the Lane fans are unhappy. Their griping on SOC makes me laugh. I am totally on the Tyler/Lily bandwagon. I see them doing the deed by the end of the year and Lily and Tyler becoming a couple by next year. Daniel Goddard has been living on borrowed time for years. We'll see how long Cane hangs around.

I am also rooting for Lauren to have a fling with Carmine. She is hot sexy woman. She should not be stuck with in that chem-less paring with Michael. Carmine will rock her world.

• Members

If Lily fans want the girl to be completely backburnered they wont ship her with Tyler. It's the proverbial catch 22. I'm wondering who DG pissed off in hair and makeup to have him on camera like that. He looks godawful. He's pasty with Roy Rogers hair.

Absolutely. The Blacks on YR have always been segregated. There was a time period a few years ago when MAB stopped pretending. Up until a few weeks ago they were only shown on Wednesdays and they were coined "Black Wednesday characters" guaranteed to see some black folks on that day. I would love to say YR is the biggest offender but GH is the worst tied with BB, but DAYS isn't fairing any better. When you think how much of a rich history this show had with it's minority cast it's downright criminal how they're being presented. When folks say "well at least they're being shown..." I say bull [!@#$%^&*]. It's still the same tokenism they're always perpetuating.

• Members

I agree. Daniel Goddard and the character of Cane was not meant to be long term obviously...especially after they rewrote the rewrite of him being P3. But the Laners won't let him go while still holding on to the idea that he be rewrote yet again as Tucker's child (with Devon not being and Harmony becoming a double liar to make it happen). Just let it go. He is not a Chancellor and probably never will be. It's obvious that TPTB want him gone or they would have never approved of MAB killing him off. Part of me thinks that TPTB will do a bait and switch. They will sell getting rid of Cane on the Tyler pairing but then put her with Kevin after Cane is gone. Anyway, I have always said that if TPTB want to get rid of Lane all they have to do is pair her with a legacy character in a core family like Nick, Adam, or Billy and watch Lane fracture from the inside out as they eat themselves alive.

Archived