DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

Compared to couples nowadays on soaps, Will and Sonny were not rushed imo, Gabi and Nick were def rushed for the story. But Will and Sonny were always going to get togetehr when Sonny arrived almost two years ago and they were leading up to it until MD arrived. MD seemed to have no use for Sonny and was all bout Will/EJ. I think the new regime just reset the characters back to where they were originally inteneded to be amd go.

I LOVED the eppy

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, to another tired-ass storyline about a virile young gay man stuck with a woman and/or a baby. Which was already getting long in the tooth (thanks, Luke, Noah and Ameera) when OLTL did it so well with Kish three years ago.

It's not that I don't think Sonny and Will are cute and sweet - I do. And it's not that I don't want them together. And it's not that I don't think they should be applauded for showing them together so much and in so many graphic ways. But while it did put off the cozy coupledom with Sonny, I found the EJ/Will relationship and everything they were doing with Will a year ago to be a lot more transgressive and risky than another story about the sweet gay couple and their sweet lives disrupted by (as always) another woman or inadvertent heterosexual coupling, or a baby.

• Members

I thought the EJ/Will stuff was strangely dated - it felt very Celluloid Closet-ish to me, because it was extremely safe. Everyone knew that the virile stud was never actually going to have sex with the pouty twink, so people could just project their own fantasies. I mostly felt like MarDar had a huge crush on EJ and Sami and Will were extensions of that. I didn't think the story was much about Will at all, which is why Will, at any given time, would shout that EJ was the best father he'd ever had (in order to remind us that Lucas was a loser), and then go and make cow eyes at EJ in the next scene.

I think in some stale way the Sonny/Will stuff is actually new for a soap, in that this is a long-term character whose relationship with another man is seen as being important enough to get high priority in a big reveal episode. I don't buy the relationship, because I don't buy Sonny/Will, but I can see it.

I just think the whole scene with Will/Gabi was oddly filmed, perhaps because they didn't want to make Gabi seem like a desperate slut, preying on the poor gay boy, as OLTL did. Instead Will seemed to be very into the whole thing, and he had more chemistry with her than I've seen him have with anyone else. I ended up wondering if they had wished they'd done a bi story instead.

• Members

I don't think she has investment in any of it. I think the Daniel/Jennifer stuff was her following orders, without anyone particularly realizing or caring that this would cause a huge fan backlash.

I imagine that everything in the mid-90s sucked the life out of her, and she's just there for the check. It's not fun to watch. It's actually spitting in the face of everything soaps should be about - people who are paid to grow up on these soaps shouldn't become husks. She's apparently a born again Beth Ehlers.

• Members
Risky? How so, honestly. Cuz all I saw an angry young gay guy who hated his parents. Had days ever even for one second thought about actually going there wil will/ej, now that'd be risky. But it never was.

Right? Plus we have the blackmail still to come out and send her back and fourth again.

• Members
I loved their sex scene. It really felt like two friends desperate for something, anything to distract them from their lives for a moment and making a really bad decision that both regretted. I didn't find it to be overly plotty or out of character. The only real big plot point in the story, to me, is a rushed nick/gabi - but even that I really can buy because she's so desperate for love and that's been established before and he is insane and don't we all know those couples who two dates in are in love and getting married? I sure do. This has been the story that's saved days for me these last few months. I love that four characters with no direction were brought together in a complex story and they weaves in vets and other generations. I love that it plays in wills history without it being a direct rip off. And I think all the actors involved really gel together and sell it.

• Members

Rafe really thinks it was all Will's idea?? Wake up Rafe your sister is evil bitch

Sonny...really?? You are made a fool and you go to work where Will can find you?? Then you tell grandma Marlena to talk to Will and you stay there and eavesdrop....REALLY?? Instead of going to the apartment and getting Wills suitcase and throwing at his face ala soap opera drama and slamming the door on him?? Anyone agree with me??? Then he lets Will talk to him and says nothing to him...like go to hell....no ...he says he loves him too after he leaves...ugh...I knew Sonny was going to forgive Will just like that...how lame...

• Members

Rafe was killing me in today's show. I just couldn't with him. Its one thing to defend your sister, but he just..wow.

I did like seeing Sami's 'bad' side again. I wish it came out more often. I need more confrontations! Its been so long since their was any drama on this show and the past 2 weeks have been so good.

I didn't like Sami and EJ going straight to cuddling. I wish she would be single for a while and out of his and Rafe's orbit.

And no Daniel, for what 3 days now? That's so nice. I didn't have to fast forward through anything.

• Members

Real people and well-written characters are always gray. Don't have a problem with anyone not being told whether their character is "good, bad, or otherwise." Also why I see nothing wrong with how Nick is being written. If you can't figure out how the show wants you to think of him, the show is doing its job, and so is Blake Berris as an actor. One person can see him as crazy, another person can see him as misunderstood, another person can see him as swooping in to help Gabi, and they can all be right.

Archived