DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

I honestly think you just had such a negative reaction to their start and angry will and sonny as nothing but a glorified extra under the previous team its not something that you can ever accept, even if it was being perfectly done now. Im not saying that as to attack you or anything, because we all have been there with stories/characters at some point. Melanie was a perfect example for many days fans who hated her so much from the start that three years into her run when she had won a lot of people over she still had hold outs based just on her first few years/stories.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I could accept Will and Sonny with time, perhaps (although I think the actors are better suited in other pairings), but it feels like they mostly rushed through for this story, as Nick/Gabi did. I get the story purpose but I don't think the relationships hold up to the angst level. I would believe it more if Will was caught up in the middle of everything at the church and then later realized he needed to go talk to Sonny.

I liked all the quiet scenes in the episode, with Eric/Caroline, Victor/Maggie. I care more about the background moments on most soaps. I know a lot of people have gotten fed up with Suzanne Rogers but she reminded me a lot of her old self in this episode.

• Members

Honestly, i agree but i dont think the show is going there. At least not directly.

Wouldnt that just reinforce your view on Will not caring much about Sonny though?

And people have gotten fed up with Suzanne Rogers? Who are these people and where are they? I can not even comprehend such a thing. They are the worst, whoever they are. I know some people think a blood horton belongs in her role, but as I previous said thats such a bullshit to me. Maggie was more of family to Alice than anyone else, with Hope/Jen coming second.

I really do not mind if he is just insane, because thats how he was when he left and I sure have not seen any sign of his not since his return. Dont the Hortons have a history of insanity? Is he actually a horton? I forget who is blood and who is not.

• Members

Yes, but it would make sense for the character, in my eyes (he was barely friends with Sonny for much of 2012, let alone more), and would be realistic in how a lot of people would react in this type of situation - they'd be so busy with all their business and their boyfriend would slip their mind.

I would believe it more that Will wants the idea of commitment (ie, not being his parents) more than he actually likes the reality.

Mostly comments that her acting has been more OTT in the last year or two.

He's a blood Horton, through Marie.

I just think the character should have more layers than the random homophobic crazy. They need all the talented younger actors they can get. I also don't like the idea of the Hortons rallying around him only for him to be nuts and deserving of staying in prison - I think that goes against some of the concepts of family on a soap.

• Members

I can absolutely get Carl's "meh" to Sonny and Will. However, I have become quite a fan of theirs again over the last few months but ITA that things were rushed to get to this point. As good as the fallout was.

I also agree that Suzanne and Maggie felt familiar again and it was nice. And yes in terms of how Days is right now Maggie is a great choice for matriarch but the writing really wasnt doing Maggie any favors.

• Members

Funny thing is, Chandler and Freddie had more chemistry before they put them together. Then the whole thing was so badly written and had a regime change, which didn't help, the flip flopping of Will from accepting his sexuality to being confused and angry and the lack of development of their relationship, plus Will being EJ's bitch then not, then being a jerk then a complete push over, his character changes depending on the story. I would say both guys are suffering from a severe lack of character development, and their relationship hasn't been invested in properly, and they didn't give Chandler and Freddie time to build more dynamic with each other. So I understand Carl's lack of investment. Even though the writing for them is better now, we have no real foundation to appreciate it on. They need some great scenes coming up to really make this couple work. Splitting them apart and having them pine for each other might help reset things, and we can hopefully have a redux of them getting together.

Eileen said when she returned she wasn't told if Kristen was good, bad or otherwise and she was basically winging it before she got an idea of what was going on. So the whole lack of character development is something that is definitely affecting this show, I wonder how much guidance these actors are getting, especially the young ones.

• Members

I think they are playing it differently but still have chem. Before they played it as a push and pull, will they or wont they, does he like me and now its just a couple. The former is always more appealing, at least to me.

As for direction, id wager they have little to none.

• Members

I think they have chemistry but having Will be in EJs orbit with very little time for Sonny did them no favors. Sonny was a dayplayer. They have started making up for it though. I think they could have done more with WilSon during the EJ/Will story.

• Members

I think Will and Sonny have more chemistry now than before they were put together. I saw nothing there but friendship but I think they work toegether and I see the attraction between them now bc Chandler and Freddie play it well. Instead of telling me the two characters should be together as the last regime did, the current one has shown me and I buy it. It feels natural and not forced like before

• Members

I agree.

I am watching yesterday's epi right now. OMG, Chad is my new fave on Days! "And your sister's a lying slut! That's the least of it." OMG! Finally!

Hey! Piss off Hope and quit trying to arrest the truth-teller.

• Members

Im also loving Chad and LOVE that Jen called him out and doesnt think he's fit for Abby. The implications of that could be good bc I want Abby to get over her contempt for Chad. She seriously needs to find out what Gabi did to Melanie so she can turn on her too and understand where Chad ws coming from. Those two reuniting and it driving Jennifer crazy could be good drama especially if she turns into a meddling mother. Too bad Peter isnt here to defend his younger brother but I guess they can work Kristen into there considering her history with Jenn

• Members

I'd give ANYTHING to have Peter -- and the original actor -- come back and get involved here. Just to see Scott Reeves blow up on Twitter. It's not like MR can say anything now that she's in the doghouse about... chicken dinners.

Bringing Kristen in there would be a great idea Cheap.

Archived