DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

Wow what a really good episode. Reminds me of when Chloe and Philip's secret came out at the christening. Sitting through months and months of crap to get to a really good episode. I love how it affects so many people.

LOL at Julie throwing shade at Maggie :wub:

I agree about Hope. I usually hate her, but liked the role she played today.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The writing was top notch, Sami's dialogue and Sweeney's performance were excellent "You should have looked so familiar to me" great dialogue, says so much in one line, Sami is out for blood, Kristen is in the big leagues, even Sami can't handle her, but Gabi is a small fry, she can obliterate her, and I hope she does, justified or not. Melissa Salmons is a brilliant writer, she has made some story messes actually come alive, when you look at the whole Gabi/Nick/Will story it isn't a great story, but Melissa has made it great. She needs to write more of this show.

• Members

You dont think lying about your pregnancy and baby daddy is bad? While I do not fault her 100%, she is 50% responsible for this and I was so glad to see Sami lay into her. Sami has actually really been there for Gabi during all of this in a way nobody else has been, Nick included. I sure do hope we get a custody battle and what Gabi did over the summer to Melanie comes out there too. I actually like Gabi, and think CB is fine in the role, but her going down will be great and long deserved. Nick - i honestly dont mind his anti-gay stance as he is bat [!@#$%^&*] crazy and its very entertaining to me. He should absolutely not raise a child in any way, shape or form.

Maggie is, rightfully and very deserving so, the show matriarch. People can go on and on about how she isnt a blood Horton and shes married to Victor now and Julie or Marie is better suited, but thats bullshit to me. Maggie has been here consistently for over 30 years. She has strong ties and bonds to the characters old and makes ones with newer characters quickly. She works in this role so, so well. After the preivous writers basically gave her a story for two minutes and banished her to special events, im glad to see her on again.

Her and Nick have a complicated history too. After what he did to Melanie and Maggie becoming so close with her, and later revealed being her grandmother, Maggie was very conflicted - at least thats how I saw it. I really liked the brief Maggie vs Julie dynamic over Nick.

I agree about the younger actors. and about Abbys reaction to Chad. It all felt very true to the characters and situation to me.

such a good scene! These are usually the best scenes days does actually, the older/younger character stories. I liked the mention of Sami's past and hope to see that played up. Poor sonny.

• Members

Sami was the best part of the episode. No one else came close. Loved the sheer disgust in her face after she called Gabi a bitch. LMAO!

Also, LOL -

Rafe: "Sami, you will not speak to my Sister that way again"

Samie: "Hold on, you are not helping this little girl by taking her side" laugh.png

I need Chad & Hope to have a hot, sexy affair on the down low like now.

• Members

I didn't think it was that bad because Gabi didn't lie to either the person she was marrying or the father of the baby. Sami can talk about her grandchild like it's some kind of property that Gabi is keeping from her, but it is up to the parents, Will and Gabi, what happens. As for Nick being crazy, is that just a reference to when he was on the first time? Thanks, it's a genuine question, not rhetorical, since I'm new to the show. I keep seeing people calling him controlling, but I haven't really seen anything like that yet in the clips I've been watching to catch up.

• Members

I think that gabi is desperate to be loved and has let Nick manipulate her and take advantage of Will's initial shock and doubt of being a parent to his advantage. I think lying to a grandparent, while not as bad as lying to the parent themselves, is pretty bad and even if understandable said grandparent has every right to flip out. That said, karma is a bitch and Sami quite frankly deserved it after her lies about every single one of her pregnancies. I do think Nick is a psychopath and bat [!@#$%^&*] insane. He was well before he left and since his return i have yet to see him as anything but. He is controlling, manipulative and seems to view this child as his own - and i think he has used the bible to suppress his insanity and due to that feels he is saving this kid from Will, who he likes well enough but hates that is gay. It could just be the way Blake plays him, but there are moments where he looks like an insane person - and Gabi coming off her obsession with Chad and kidnaping of Melanie isnt exactly the picture of normalcy either.

Im not trying to take anything off Will, this is as much his fault as hers. He freaked out at being a father and when gabi wanted an abortion he supported her, but when there he tried to stop it because he did want the child but he couldnt get to her. She stopped it herself though and this plan was hatched by Nick shortly after and both kind of just agreed without thinking. It was impulsive and dumb, a trait he gets from his mother. Since then we have seen the doubt about it from Will and even from Gabi at moments. They both know this is wrong but didnt know how to stop it.

The fallout from this better be played up. Will/Sami need to discuss what she has done - and im confident her past will be bnrought up as Eric refrenced it weeks ago. Gabis kidnapping plot and the blackmail between Rafe and EJ re it has to come out eventually, having an impact on a likely custody battle and both of their relationships with Sami. Sonny has been lied to but he loves Will so who knows where that will go. Im excited to see what happens.

• Members

Thanks for the insight. I'll keep it in mind while watching further scenes with Nick. I guess Nick is manipulating me too, because he convinces me of his logic LOL. I may have a thing for his being socially awkward and smart so I am not seeing the character flaws. Also I may just need to see more scenes.

I almost forgot to mention Eric. I liked the scene with him and Caroline just for the scene, but also the line Caroline had about how he couldn't have known his gay nephew was the father of the bride's baby! True! The family nature of the scene was good and so was Eric briefly but effectively getting across his self-doubts, which also built on some stuff from Friday when he said it was his first wedding and he needed more time. The episode was great at showing how people were viewing what was happening as it affected them and their feelings. It's amazing how much meaningful stuff the show got into less than 40 minutes of non-commercial airtime.

• Members

For me the Maggie/Julie stuff was the best but Sami's reaction was right up there. I also liked Hope's reactions to everything - cop mode, cop mode, cop mode.

I thought Abby was annoying and histrionic, and Jennifer just seemed out of place.

I wish I bought Sonny/Will, because Will's need to go find Sonny over dealing with the fallout he helped cause at the wedding didn't make a ton of sense for me. I'm glad Lucas confronted him about this, even if some fans said this showed how terrible Lucas was.

I'm glad most of Sonny's reaction ended up being with Victor. Victor being very blase about the wedding reveal and about Sonny's relationship with Will rang very true.

• Members

Carl, did you see the scene in bed last week when Will got the key to moving in last week and how happy he was? How happy they both were? And then Will's conversation with Sami about it? What was your reaction to that? It was simply adorable, and it felt really genuine. What do you not buy about Will and Sonny? Sonny has been there for Will as a friend ever since he got back to town, and Will has looked up to Sonny that whole time too. Their relationship developed organically from there. This is definitely no "let's put Luke and Noah together" situation (although I will always defend ATWT to a certain extent simply because they never dropped Luke's story).

Archived