DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. In fact, Days has some really talented actors amongst its younger male set -- Blake Berris, Chandler Massey, etc. It also had JKJ and Mark Hapka (the dude who played Nathan) not so long ago. On the younger female side, since Molly Burnett left, it's been a bit lacking. I'm not particularly enamoured by Kate Mansi and while Camilla Banus is very pretty, Gabi is hardly a well-drawn character. Even her scheming and manipulations were kind of bland.

• Members

I would be able to tolerate Nick if he weren't treating Will the way he was. I don't mind the homophobia, its nice to have someone against I rather than have everyone accepting. But him demanding Will have nothing to do with the baby, I just can't wrap my head around. I think it would've been better off had Nick not known that the baby was Will's.

I'm looking forward to today's show. I just hope they continue offering something of interest. Between this and the Kristen/Brady/Marlena story, I've been hooked again.

• Members

Nate I agree. hes so arrgoant and I sware he acts more gay then Will and Sonny combined. Fag cakes. I hpe he loses everything. Hes a bay bashing bully

The Kristen sstory The Gabi baby drama and slowly this Chloe mess is keeping tuned in. I was just about to quit watching before the Kristen mess jumped off.

I HATE HATE hATE DANIEL.

• Members

I'm bored so I put DAYS on. Terrible regime aside, this is not a bad episode. Nick is crazy as hell.

Hope needs to pin Chad to the wall and have her way with him.

Jen continues to look like Alice. She has all the energy of a revenant. Why is she still here?

• Members

Yeah. I was never a Melanie fan at all (though I found MarDar actually made her tolerable as the supporting character she should have been) but I had nothing against Molly Burnett. Days has had some great younger actors. I thought Hennig really came into her own towards the end. I was so disappointed to see her go. I liked Mark Hapka too but I don't think he was spectacular, I do think he was very wasted though and could have really grown. I liked the idea of Nathan and wish they'd bring him back. I still do.

I'm just waiting for Kate Mansi to really come into her own. I think she's completely underused and shows great great promise if they actually give her something to do.

Now, onto today's show ....

Jen. Oy. The hypocritical harpy. I hate her pulled back hair, too, anytime I see it I just know that bitchy sanctimonious Jenn will come out. Sigh. What has happened to this character?

I think Abby's reaction was alright because she's young. Young people overreact and make a hang-nail seem like a national tragedy. I do think the reaction to Chad is eye-roll worthy. Yeah it's shitty to interrupt a wedding but at least he was being honest.

I liked bad-ass Hope. She was at least written with her brain which was nice. At least we got a brief Julie/Doug/Hope scene at the end there. Julie and Doug really should be the matriarch and patriarch of this show.

It sucks NBC seems to not want the vets focused on. You'd think they switch their tune seeing GH's ratings rise. However, Tomlin seems to not care for many of them anyway.

I wish the writing for Gabi had been better over the years. I did feel a bit sorry for her, but at the same time, I thought she did deserve Sami's dressing down. Sami was totally being herself today and I actually liked the scenes. They were necessary. I can't wait to see Sami and Rafe fight. Sami is a total hypocrite, of course, but Sami is Sami. However, I hate how they jump back and forth between 'real Sami' and the heroine they desperately want her to be. They need to stick with who Sami is and just go with it.

Loved Kate's reaction to being a great-grandmother. Billie's reaction was great. Lisa Rinna has been a joy and Lauren is always a joy to watch. Lucas was totally in character but I don't think he was really listening to Will. Yeah Sonny ISN'T important right now but to Will, Sonny IS the most important thing. Lucas dressing down his son was kind of necessary but at the same time, IDK how I felt about those scenes. I do think it's interesting Nick was eavesdropping. I hope this gives Lucas a little more to do.

Poor Eric lol. I liked his scene with Caroline. So sweet. Eric's return has been kind of boring. I think they need to get a move on with him and make us see why he's REALLY so distant and so mopey and so distracted.

Overall, this was a good episode.

• Members

With all due respect, I must disagree. Of course, this Doug and Julie is probably not what Bill Bell had in mind. Even as they are now, though, Doug and Julie are far too adventurous to be the kind of couple who'd stay put in Salem, let alone be there for whenever someone needed advice, comfort and reassurance. That's what made Tom and Alice so appealing even to younger viewers; and frankly, that's what Bill and Laura, or even Mickey, Maggie and Marie, should have become.

Archived