DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

Got a question, Toups... how much do you think this is NBC's interference... how much do you think this is Corday and Tomlin infighting once again... how much do you think TomSell just don't give a damn... lol

All legitimate questions. Tomlin's been a decent writer on other shows. What is it about Days that makes him sink to this level? I know a lot of longtime fans who have packed it in.

At this rate, can Sheri save the show? If she can't and you fire TomSell, who do you go with? Broderick? Richard Culliton? Wow... (shrugs)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I think something is going on, the amount of propping Daniel has had and how he has been forced on us and forced into the fabric of the show through numerous disastrous retcons. I have yet to hear anyone say they are happy with Jenn/Daniel. As for this Chloe business, utter BS. I was really excited about her returning. I had hoped her story would revolve around Kate and possibly Brady. A Chloe/Brady/Kristen triangle. Now I don't even want to watch her scenes, because I never watch anything with Daniel or Jenn.

This whole Parker is his son seems so poorly thought out, like it wasn't the writers idea and someone mandated it to push the Daniel character more. Toups I feel the same, all this has made me loathe Daniel Jonas so much more, especially because this story is most likely going to ruin a character I like.

• Members

So much WORD. I would bring JKJ back as Philip in place of Daniel Jonas any day of the week.

Cheap, Suzanne Rogers looks like she's had some work on her cheeks and lips that still needs to settle.

OMG, can Lisa Riina stay? I love her.

• Administrator
Tomlin is Bruce Evans' pick as HW so I don't believe there's much interference, whereas Bruce didn't want M&D has HW so obviously there was a lot of interference from him. But I don't think Tomlin has total carte blanche because if he did, Drake, Deidre, Kristian wouldn't be on the show.

I don't know what happened to Tomlin. I think he got neutered or something. I miss the Gary Tomlin of Sunset Beach and One Life To Live. That guy had balls and a sense of humour and knew how to create soapy moments.

I don't know. It has to be someone who NBC approves because they hold the most power.

Kiriakis > Jonas. I still can't believe they took away Victor's grandson, Phillip's son, a Kiriakis.

• Members
work? I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and chalked it down to bad makeup. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to settle

IA on LR. Billie makes for a great supporting character. I wish she could be kept on and continue to be utilized like Adrienne and Kayla are? Which seems to work for all 3 women

• Members

Good. Now hopefully Corday will stop shaking in a corner, fires Tomlin and things starts to turn for better. This is like last year all over again. They need a new team by March so there is still time to turn things around for fall 2013. I doubt the show will get another chance if they continue in this direction.

• Members

Thank god that Chloe/Nicole spoiler was nowhere near how things played out on screen

s4m0sl.jpg

Will's hair...did he stick his finger in an electric socket?

WTF hasnt Gabi told her mother she's getting married TOMORROW! Seriously, shes going to have Rafe go tell her in the morning? What a f--ked up daughter

• Members

Seriously, is Shawn Christian the new star of DAYS? Jeeeez! Why are all storyline roads leading back to Daniel? It's like they are forcing him to be part of the fabric and history of the show and he just ISN'T! I know the dude is hot but come on! How long will we endure these contrived and poorly written storylines just so that the Daniel character can be propped up? Note to NBC/Sony/Corday/whomever, WE DON'T CARE ABOUT DANIEL JONAS! *end rant

Archived