DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IA about JE and LR, not sure about MBE but MR's return has been disastrous -- some of it through no fault of her own.

LR is a chemistry hound, she and Lauren Koslow and Bryan Dattillo are gold. I also love Billie with Hope (!) and even Jennifer. I loved her scenes with EJ when she first came on the show.

Too bad about the latter part. A girl can dream!

OMG, Sami is reading that mewling, babbling idiot the riot act! And Casey Deidrick/Blake Berris are fire. Chad vs. Nick is somehow more compelling than Nick vs Will (and I like Will).

• Members

I think it's Reeves's own fault. She's been coasting for years and got very, very lazy as a performer. She took for granted that she could come and go with Ken Corday's indulgence and prioritizing even after the [!@#$%^&*] she pulled on her contract in the '90s. She also has had next to no enthusiasm for stories fans care about, and a lot of investment in crap no one cares about.

• Members

Totally. This is an easy cheque for MR, and if I were Scott Reeves I would thank Days, too. That show funded his Wilderness Years when he tried to rebrand himself as a country music "star."

Corday did that as a favour to MR, huh?

• Members

Are we talking about Bo?

Because there is no point in recasting Bo in 2013. There isn't. It was one thing when it was just the early '90s and Robert Kelker-Kelly was the spitting image of Reckell, only hotter, and hadn't started trying to sexually molest half of the women on the NBC soaps. It's 2013 and Bo Brady has been pretty much established for close to thirty years. All you're going to get to come in and play Bo is some other old soap hunk from some other soap. I've seen them try to do with Holden and Lily on ATWT. It didn't work. It was sad. It wouldn't work here. No one will care, except possibly Jack here.

The only way to handle this situation is to write Bo out. Kill him off. Make it a huge story for Hope and send her character spiraling off into new directions with new men. And then, someday, when Ken Corday has one of those brief flashes of sanity, he can get Peter Reckell to come back.

• Members

No, Peter Blake the character, not Peter Reckell the actor.

I love Bo, but ITA. No point in recasting him. I think he will likely just stay off screen because lets be real, hope with another man? That has never worked before and I doubt it ever will. She is the John to his Marlena in he, like Mar, is a stronger character without his partner.

Archived