HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I understand this and also the need for secrecy since AMC ended on a cliffhanger, but in terms of social media promotion I feel they are failing. Even with all of that stuff that needs to be done, they should have hired one or two people who could be putting content on their website, regularly, and sending out emails to help build traffic to their website and let people know this is really happening.

With the people who they have announced, they should be doing interviews on their website, we should have pictures, there should be editorial articles. Instead of the writers doing teasers on their Facebook pages, they should be doing teaser interviews on their website. And things need to stop being leaked. EW, TV Line, Hollywood Reporter, etc. seem willing to report, so they need a PR person to release these things officially. It just looks sloppy to me.

The biggest worry for me now is that these shows will get off the ground, but they won't do a good job of promoting them. This is a mistake they haven't learned from the last time.

• Members

I don't see what they can do until the cast is firmly locked in and filming begins. Why tease something that could still not happen? Why post photos, interviews, etc. If they don't start doing this by March or April, I'll definitely jump on the "PR sucks" (well, I think it kinda does right now, TBH). I do agree they should be doing all of those things though, I just think it's expecting something too soon, if you think about it from the fact that nothing is even filmed or taped. Sets are probably still be finished, etc. The writers have been writing for maybe a month. We really only got "official" word on this in late January, even though we've known since before Christmas.

• Webmaster

Robin's tweet is in relation to the fact that Justin Bieber is one of the hottest stars out right now, and he's signed to Universal Music Group. You know, the record label that Prospect Park has a contract with that allows them to use their music on the soaps? She's not nuts cause that's exactly related to what the contract states re: "artist participation"

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/01/universal-music-group-and-prospect-park-resume-partnership

• Members

I would agree with you if they were planning a summer or fall launch, but as far as we know they're trying to get these soaps out as soon as possible. Thom Racina said we should be seeing them sometime in April. That is an INCREDIBLE turnaround. Considering they want to launch them so soon, they absolutely need to be promoting and building buzz. Even if it doesn't happen, they have to act like it IS going to happen. Honestly, one of the first things I'd do once the actors are on set is create teaser promos that can be used both on TV and on the web to build suspense. There are so many different things and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to pluck someone like say Cheap21 from this board to do graphics and promos and a blogger like Errol who could do interviews and other social media. And thats off the top of my head.

Archived