HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Members

+1.

I expect they're going to be doing PR closer to the first airdate on hulu when they've actually got a few scenes taped that they can use as promos. I'd be surprised if Entertainment Tonight, TV Guide, etc. weren't invited to the sets to get backstage coverage too.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. I'm not sure what promotion they can do until they get taping then Hulu can start pushing the shows the way they do their other "exclusive series." (This Hulu viewer is sick of seeing promos for Battleground, The Yard and Tracey Ullman's State of the Union.) I do agree that they need to do more with their website. Either use it effectively or get rid of it.

• Webmaster

While I'm not going to defend Prospect Park, no one announced Jill Larson or Thorsten Kaye were joining "All My Children" except Prospect Park. The other actors took it upon themselves to announce their signing on (or in Debbi's case, outed Darnell). As for promotion, most shows that debut in the fall could only dream of all the press our shows are getting even before filming a single episode. Sure, the dynamics are different (online vs broadcast tv), but people know about the project whether they want to admit it or not. Does that mean we can expect Prospect Park to do nothing until April? No. But when a show is in development for primetime, you hear few stories about that show outside of casting notices that are reported via sites like ours, Deadline, TVLine, EW, etc. It's when critics see a finished pilot and get to meet the stars at such events as the TCA press tours do we see press amped up.

I'm of the belief that we'll continue getting our casting and assorted information via "sources" until the next press release (due out this week ;)) and the first film date. Once the cast meets the production staff and filming commences, all the "I wish this" or "I wish that" will happen. It just takes time. April (whatever part of the month) is a long time from now. Marketing and advertising is being handled by Hulu, which only announced it "picked up" the shows two weeks ago, so they need time to plan their marketing and advertising campaigns. They need the cast to be working to take press photos, film promos and interstitials, etc.

When everything finally comes together, we'll be happy. We just need to be patient.

• Members

173497_1422323475_1830619981_q.jpg

I just heard your company is one of the reasons that AMC and OLTL will be available for their fans again. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Like ·· February 4 at 6:54pm

• Members

The thing that worries me about Hulu doing a lot of the advertising is that Hulu doesn't get soaps. When it was announced by Prospect Park that Hulu would be airing these shows, the Hulu blog entry or something on their website about it was full of soap cliches or stereotypes and I was cringing. I hope they treat these shows with respect and not like trashy guilty pleasures.

• Members

Ya'll may think she's crazy but RS just cracks me up...

robin strasser@robinstrasser

@Pugsbunny211 @RoscoeBorne such a TALENT! But Mitch storylines went on and on... Why didn't #DORIAN just shoot him? Truly a sore subject..sad.png

@ToMoCo1010 The dude needed killing-why designate the hit? But then: threats against children/women? perps be glad I don't have a gun! truth

@Pugsbunny211 HATE "Women in Peril" in life or One Life. Ditto former rapists turned heros. Take that #Todd I wasn't acting it's loathsome:(

@julieparisi1 Read my tweetz (lol) It's been announced #OLTL will start taping the @ProspectPark REVIVAL on 3/11/13. FANS made IT HAPPEN-TY!

laugh.png

• Members

1. CHECK MY MOTIVES RTing anything J Bieber? Look, maybe he'll RT promo for REVIVAL #OLTL I'll become a belieber in exchange for his support:)

2. @robinstrasser Oooohhh...good marketing strategy!!

@MrVanGriffin WHO KNOWS? Let WORK it ALL! Could WE GET @LadyGaGa to back RETURN #OLTL? Monsters might go for a momster like #Dorian (lol)

Archived