HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You post contradicts itself. You say nobody expected PP to revive these shows, so why would ABC have considered them when negotiating the contracts? I think it's pretty obvious that ABC didn't expect this to ever happen, so they did their own thing, which is fine. However, when PP *did* make it happen it was obviously going to be a fight. I personally don't think either are at fault. It's a unique situation that nobody predicted. I understand why GH wants to keep the characters and I understand why PP wants them, but only to an extent. I think PP should've gone into it wanting guest appearances and nothing more. These roles are valuable because of the proven popularity of the actors who play them. By trying to force the actors to do the PP shows, it probably soured what interest they may have had in it. I don't think these characters are make or break for the new show either. They need smaller casts and there are SO MANY legacy characters and types of new characters that could serve the same purpose on a full-time basis.

• Members

These actors get to sit home for a little while and collect a check. At my workplace those are called "vacation days." They get to sleep in, watch House of Cards on Netflix and maybe fix that leaky faucet or try a new restaurant. Oh the humanity.

I don't see anybody being "forced." PP took back their property. The actors can join the productions or not. The choice is theirs.

• Members

PP wants the actors as well, which they've made clear. However, they never negotiated with the actors. They said they wanted tgem full time or ABC couldn't use the characters which is kinda like forcing the actors to do OLTL or possibly lose their jobd.

• Members

That isn't the point though. On their end they have contracts and they live across country. Nobody predicted this would happen which is why I don't think ABC or PP is at fault. However, I do think both sides are handling it poorly with their initial all or nothing stance.

• Members

For now, but they could be dropped at the end of their contract cycle. I still stand by my opinion that the best thing for both shows would be to figure out what the actors want and go from there. Todd, for example, is useless as a recast. It's easier to recast Starr and John, but since people would know there was a possibility the actors they loved could've continued in the roles, the probably wouldn't be well received.

Archived