HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

By "stressing," I mean emphasizing the blatant double standard of people whining about PP but letting every other production company off the hook for not divulging each and every last detail of their business plan to the public three months in advance. I didn't mean "worry" stress. Clearly, you're not scouring the internet, looking for bits and pieces of information to bring to this thread only to crap all over it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that maybe GH knew? Even though it's highly probable that what's on screen now was rewritten at the last minute, the way it's playing out seems that at least Todd and John were geared up to be written out. Starr? Not so sure. However, even still, the "public opinion" seems to be making this out to be some kind of conspiracy against Howarth, Alderson and Easton. To that, I blame ABC/GH fully. If they wanted the actors, they should've created new roles for them. But, on the surface, it seems that GH tried to have their cake and eat it to and hedge their bets by connecting the OLTL characters with top tier GH characters in hopes that, if PP did come calling, they'd feel they couldn't take "The Three" back due to their forced "ties" to the GH canvas.

I agree!

• Members

To your point, I can speak as an All My Children Fan First. As much as I love General Hospital and have been a devoted fan for over a decade, I always felt cheated that Skye never went back to AMC while it was on the air, regardless of AMC being taped in NYC or LA.I was always thinking, in the back of my mind, "If only Skye would be here for Adam at this point?" Or "I wonder how Skye would've dealt with JR's alcoholism?" I can understand how OLTL fans might feel about "their characters" not being a part of their show. Especially those who didn't come over to GH. I just so happened to be a GH viewer around the same time that Skye Chandler came over as a GH regular. But that still didn't change the fact that I wished she was back at AMC and dealing with her family/history over there.

• Members

I hope this means they have resolved this Gh vs PP dispute since I would think they need to know the status of these characters and/or actors before they start filming. I honestly don't care what happens anymore, just resolve it, this is getting downright stupid

Archived