Y&R: TV Guide interview with Jill Farren Phelps

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this is true, it would likely be Sony's decision, I can't see Jill or Josh wanting her there.

Though, Jill did hire Harding Lemay to consult at GL, AW, and OLTL, not that any of his ideas were explored though. I could see Alden in a consulting role, if Sony/Jill/Josh cared to explore it.

Alden was indeed on set for the taping of the show's 10,000th episode, here's a pic of her with Jeanne Cooper:

jpi_yr82212_jcooper960732.jpg

• Members

I could see Josh possibly wanting to hire her. She knows the show better than anyone and she created the only successful younger set Y&R has ever had (Billy, Mac, JT, Brittany, Raul, Rianna, Colleen).

Also it just occurred to me that Kay lives in Chicago, IIRC, so why would she be in LA on the set of a show she left 6 years ago celebrating a milestone episode that she had nothing to do with unless there was something else going on?

• Members

I know a lot of the current writing team were invited to the taping of the 10,000th episode, maybe Janice Ferri Esser or Natalie Minardi Slater (both of whom are close to Alden) extended the invite?

But hell, there's no pics of the Bell family (other than Lauralee who appears in the episode) on set for this occasion, so why would Alden fly in from Chicago for this? Especially since Sony ousted the Bell family, who are close with Alden.

I just don't see her back at Y&R, though a lot is happening at B&B lately, so she could indeed be out from there...

• Members

Having Kay Alden there would put me at ease. Josh has minimal history with Y&R and his track record isn't great. I think pairing him with someone like Kay who knows Y&R so well could be a dynamite team. He could be some new fresh ideas to the table and she could help make sure the history is honored in a smart way, not copy-catting every story Bill Bell stole like MAB often did.

• Members

Hmmm, another posting. I wonder what the hold up is? The last one she made was on August 11th and then she sounded upbeat about working something out and returning in October. I'm not sure if that meant on-screen or filming. I hope they come to an agreement on something soon. I wonder how long contract negotiations usually last these days. I would think the quicker the better but I don't know anything about it.

Michael Muhney tweeted support on August 30th, that was kind of him.

Archived