Y&R: TV Guide interview with Jill Farren Phelps

• Members

I'm not sure it can be done either; however, I think everything that made them tick is still there, as long as someone actually bothers to write it.

Jill and Kay were fascinating because they were great as separate entities/characters (i.e., the only interesting thing about them wasn't just the feud), and absolutely sizzling when they were together. There was no wrong or right party, they were both wrong and right.

As for the feud, it will never be a non-issue, unless somebody wants it to be. Smith neutered them back in 2003 and it's only gotten worse. But, honestly, if even tomorrow someone started writing a new feuding storyline (and did it half-decently), it would immediately feel like going home.

After all, their feud just writes itself. They will never (and should never have) stop fighting.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It might take some effort -- I see Jill getting drunk and then getting behind the wheel; I see Murphy pushing Kay out of the way as Jill is about to run over her (or, taking another tack, he gets in the car with her in order to stop her from driving drunk, but attempting to take control of his wheel causes Jill to crash and inadvertently kill him); but what circumstances might lead Jill to drink in the first place? -- but it might work, too.

• Members

Here is my pitch...

Jill has been looking at photos of Phillip the First all day and just remembering the past and what her life would have been like if he would have lived. (I would hire someone to play Phillip and young Jill to create some flashbacks) She starts drinking. A call comes to the house that Murphy has been stranded and needs a ride. Not realizing how drunk she is, she agrees to pick him up. Drunken Jill picks him up, loses control of the car, the car goes over a cliff. (A nod to the history of Katherine killing Phillip) Murphy lingers for a week or two then dies. Katherine blames Jill. Feud reignites.

• Members

I love everything except making flashbacks. I just hate that, all they need to do is have Jess look at photos of Donnelly Rhodes, turn on the water works and then have Donnelly's voice (voice flashbacks) haunt her in the Chancellor living room.

Murphy needs to die, hell, so does Tucker. Then they'll be even, they'll have both lost a husband and a son at each other's hand (I know, I know, Phillip is alive in Australia. Whatever. We saw him die on screen, he should have stayed dead)...imagine Kay being able to utter Jill's line from 1989 "This is your fault! It's always been your fault! First the father, and now the son!"

• Members

Chills; now, and always.

Totally agree, this is how I would imagine it would happen. Very similar to how the fight for the Chancellor Estate started.

It would take several episodes (this type of thing does NOT happen in one episode, that's too today lol) though.

Archived