Y&R: TV Guide interview with Jill Farren Phelps

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JFP needs to stop apologizing. Actually, most of these half-wits need to stop apologizing. I can respect an EP or HW who says, "Look, I'm a bitch, and if you don't like me, then get the hell out of my way," rather than one who keeps trying to cull favor from the audience in order to overcome some bad rep that doesn't make an impact on your paycheck anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Very interesting excerpt. I don't know the history between GF and JFP so what I was hearing was 2nd hand information. Most of the posts I read on various messageboards over the past several weeks spoke of this supposed enmity between the two. There is no evidence that I can see that GF is electing to take the 'high road' so I'm going to take her at her word and assume that the two are indeed friendly (which is refreshing). This shoots to hell a lot of what irate posters have been ranting about in relation to GF's termination on Y&R.

To me, it made perfect sense that the actress would be let go because her character (from what I've seen and read) seemed extraneous at best and in a time of budget tightening, no one could honestly justify her presence in that cast, especially the way Genevieve was being written. Tucker doesn't seem to be a very worthy rival to business magnates Victor nor Jack. They just need to bring back Jill already and write her properly, as she should honestly be that rival to both Jack and Victor. Heck, Neil should be either running his own division or his own company.

Even though I rarely watch these days, it would be nice to find out that Y&R was ready to move into the 21st century with their storylines.

Okay, for all you who know the story (because I honestly don't know the whole story), is Gene Francis telling the truth?

• Members

I don't know the story, but I don't believe GF would lie about her relationship with JFP, if only b/c 1) there's little-to-no chance of JFP ever returning to GH (IMO); and 2) the chances of GF ever returning to Y&R, either as Gen or even as another character, are about the same, if not less. Are they BFF's? Doubt it. But I don't think we're looking at another Jacqueline Schulz/Colleen Zenk-type situation here either.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to hear within the next month or so that Frankie V. is at least in talks with GF about coming back to GH. I agree with her regarding her ideas for Laura. We seriously don't need another nostalgia trip -- especially b/c, thanks to Guza and Tony Geary, we've learned that story was nothing but a bunch of lies anyway.

Archived