Y&R: TV Guide interview with Jill Farren Phelps

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know, I think I may hate Jill if that happens, and it's such a downer. I"ve had enough of dreary/gory/sad combo for awhile, I hate thinking about the way Diane, Brad, Jana, Colleen, and John Abbott died. For once I'd like to cheer for someone being killed. But Murphy does need to go, I think I'd rather have him pass away naturally, then soon after have Jill scatter Tucker all over the pavement while Kay is still in mourning. Besides, I don't feel Kay would believe Jill hit Murphy on purpose, but if she was emotionally spent I could see her believing Jill purposely hit Tucker. Tucker used Jill & caused her to lose position at CI so Jill would have reason to want Tucker gone.

Tucker being killed give would ignite a temporary Jill/Kay feud and also provide some satisfaction for the viewers. Tucker has been pretty awful to quite a few of the female characters so he deserves it, whereas poor ole Murphy doesn't.

I agree, does anyone know when his contract is up? I not watching very often these days but when I do tune in there he is. Sheesh!

Another story would be Jill somehow getting majority control of McCall Unlimited while she is away (maybe she wasn't in Australia all this time). She returns to make a deal with Tucker, She will trade him majority ownership of MU for majority ownership of CI. Since Tucker only hold 49% he would have to swindle Kay again, so he does. It all goes down and Kay is livid. Tucker leaves town forever and Jill controls CI for the first time in history. Jill running the show at CI would be a constant issue between them.

Only problem is I don't buy SN's Tucker as a business billionaire,he's never fit the role and he's too introverted and depressed. If they kept the focus on Kay and Jill and re-lighting the fire underneath them, I'd like it. But too many minutes of Tucker sulking, plotting, or doing anything really, would ruin the whole story.

• Members

Phelps conversation with Jess Walton

"I had a lovely conversation with her. She said.....and we agreed... that if the story is right and if she is available, she'd be happy to come back for a period of time. And we would love to have her back."

I wonder what that means? Recurring? Recurring like Lauren or or recurring like Tracy? If she returns for extended periods of heavy story I'm in, but if she's just popping in and out and/or as support I'm done with Y&R. Been there/did that with MAB the last three years.

They've been in contact for over a month. I take it they can't figure out a story for her and/or a return date since nothings been announced, A story should be the easy part, she hasn't had one in so long. JC isn't going to be able to work forever, you'd think they would get going on something to do with Jill & Katherine and their family. Maybe introduce a re-cast Phillip Chancellor 4 into it? Does anyone know when JC"s contract is up? Maybe that figures into the delay. All the sudden I'm not feeling so optimistic anymore.

• Members

It all probably depends on Jess and her commute to and from Oregon, and how much time she intends to spend in LA to do the show. I'm guessing they're still negotiating a time table and how that fits into both Jess's and the show's schedule. It's got to be extra difficult with her living in another state, I'd assume.

• Members

Unless we're willing to accept another actress as Jill -- or worse, JFP and Josh Griffith decide to kill off Jill -- I think we better be satisfied with whatever crumbs JFP, JG and JW throw our way. Walton is far too ensconced in her life in Oregon to return for any substantial length of time.

Archived