Y&R: TV Guide interview with Jill Farren Phelps

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Felicia Forrester is not needed on Y&R. The tone of B&B is much different and I hate it when characters jump from one Bell soap to the other. B&B needed Sheila in the early 90s and Lauren was ok for that period, but I couldn't stand watching Ashley Abbott in love with Ridge. Amber Moore has had the same storyline with Rick, Thomas, Daniel, Cane and Liam over the years.

As for GL turning into Texas 2.0... It was a crime! Marland's sophisticated Springfield was gone and the Lewis destroyed everything within a few years.

I have to give JFP for dealing with the Lily mess so soon.

• Members

You know you have a mess on your hands when Globe magazine reports about this show and that Jeanne Cooper, Melody Thomas Scott and Christal Khalil are being fired. Only this show killer is coming back to kill YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS.

And for the record, I loved Santa Barbara but she only fucked it up during her 1987-1991 tenur.

• Members

I hope this is true about Jill (Foster). Even if she just makes appearances, as long as they're vital to the story, that's great. You can do so much with Jill, like bringing in her family to help add some history and excitement to Genoa City. MAB or Sheffer or whoever had a huge issue with Jill and it turned me off immediately.

This whole thing also confirms to me that her "temporary" exit was no such thing. One last shell game from Maria.

• Members

Well, that's +1 for Josh Griffith in my books. Let's see how honest he's being.

The only writer who I can't pin the Jill-hate on his Scott Hamner because his tenure with LML wasn't actually so terrible for Jill.

It was odd that Jill didn't become Sheffer's 'Barbara' or 'Kate' (he did nice things for Colleen Zenk at ATWT and Lauren Koslow at DAYS)...Jill is the type of ballsy woman he writes one of per show.

So I lay the blame on MAB, particularly in light of Jess's "temporary exit" that wasn't temporary at all. It really was MAB's last shell game. What a bitch.

• Members

I'd love to hear Jess talk about that someday. There wasn't the fan outcry which greeted MTS' (one? two? I can't remember) contract disputes in the last few years but fans were still vocally upset with the attempt to push Jess off the show in 2009. Wasn't MAB all set to cast one of her friends, Mel Harris?

• Members

I always assume people who go in and out of Y&R in recent years have no idea of the importance of Jill. There's a reason why Bill Bell took the time to properly recast and revamp her instead of just letting her go in the big purge of the early 80's.

Anyway I'm not going to be shocked if we don't see Jill again but with MAB gone I hope things will change.

• Members

Who-ever the hater is they are commenting quite few times below that DC article......

"Who is concerned about Jess Walton's status? No one was talking about her on forums, or tweeting about her. She's a below average actress by Y&R standards who has added nothing to the show since the last century."

???? It's very odd, JW/Jill has tiny amounts of screen time and is a threat to no one. They are talking about a part time return but someone sure seems like they really doesn't want her back on the show for some reason.

Archived